Jay leaning on the wall with a drink in his hand as he listens to Charlotte trying her best to converse with him.

He would reply coldly and nonchalantly as he looked Avery's way from time to time. Seeing her joyful state made his boring time with Charlotte a little better.

Jay saw how Avery seemed a little tired from all the dancing, making him worried that she might start getting dehydrated.

I should give her a drink, he thought to himself as a worried expression plastered on his face.

"You can go to her if you want to you know" Charlotte speaks, interrupting the man's trail of thoughts

"Nah, we don't want the little assassin to be upset" the man spoke before taking a sip from his fruit punch.

"Are you still angry about what happened that day?" she spoke rather irritated as she recalled how Avery almost drowned by her actions

"I'm not angry, just disappointed"

"Geez, dad"

Jay rolled his eyes at her remake and yet again stared at Avery's way. A smile formed on his face from the sight of Avery laughing

"How is she even real" he mumbled as he felt his heart fluttering.

Charlotte didn't enjoy what was happening and couldn't handle anymore of it.

"If you're too shy to go over there then I'll just leave you instead" she turned and planned to walk away but before she could, Jay stopped her by holding her wrist.

"Okay fine no more staring," he said feeling bad that he was ignoring his friend's presence

I mean can you blame the guy? He just wanted to spend prom with the girl he likes.

"It's okay. You should enjoy prom with people you want to spend it with" a small smile plastered on her face before she walks away.

Jay smiled hoping that her words were genuine and later made his way to Avery.

-

Avery and the rest were dancing on the dance floor and she was feeling rather hot at the crowded place.

She started to fan herself with her tiny hands hoping she'd feel better by the little wind caused by her actions.

As she continued to do so she felt a presence from behind, she looked back to check and there she saw Jay.

"Here, drink some water" he spoke as he handed her a glass of water as if the man read her mind.

She smiled and accepted it, chugging down the drink to hydrate herself.

As she did so, Jay took out his handkerchief and carefully wiped the sweat from Avery's face making sure he doesn't mess up her makeup.

"Are you feeling better? You should take a seat for a while" Jay spoke as he fanned her with a hand fan.

"I'm fine. Thank you" Avery felt her cheeks flushed at his thoughtful actions. Jay smiled back and held her waist, pulling her close to him.