Marinette VS Santa

Start from the beginning

You just tried to kill me, she wanted to say.

Marinette just rolled her eyes, "Never mind. We need to talk." She picked him and tossed him over her shoulder. "In my room."

Running across Paris with a struggling kid on your shoulder and a sword in your hand wasn't easy.

When she got to her room, she dropped the kid on her bed as gently as possible. "Do not escape," She ordered. "If you do, do not destroy my room. I'm going to ask my parents if..." If they're really her parents. Why didn't they tell her? Why? Just Why? "What you say is true. I won't mention Batman."

Or the psychotic ten-year-old she had tied up in her room. Who may or may not be her brother.

Marinette de-transformed. Tikki hid in her hair before anyone could see her.

She came back to her room half an hour later with a cheese plate, full of veggies, fruits and crackers. And a tray full of chocolate chip Christmas cookies and two glasses of milk. She sat them down at the desk.

The boy glared at her.

"You were right," Marinette sighed. "I was adopted. My birth mom was just nineteen when she had me. The sister of one of my mom's friends."

The news had been a blow. Her parents had kept repeating how much they loved her and how they had been planning on telling her when she was older. Older than fourteen. They wanted to know how she found out. She said her little brother had gotten in contact with her.

Marinette eyed the still tied up boy... her brother. He no longer struggled against his bonds, just stared with an angry expression on his face. "I don't want to be Batman," She told him. "The title is all yours. I like being Ladybug. It's a name I earned, worked hard for. A name I'm proud of and will not part with easily. Is that something you can understand?"

He stared at her for a moment before nodding slowly, "You created your own hero persona to find the terror entrapping your city; all by yourself. ...Father did the same."

He said the last part with a sad tone that Marinette's new found big sisterly instincts go haywire. "And you think just because you're his... partner," She said, instead of sidekick because she was sure that word would get her killed. "And not a solo hero, that he will find you unworthy of being his heir." Marinette sat down next to him, and patted his hair softly. "Did you ever think that because he is the one who's training you, that because you fight by his side, that he'd trust you more? Trust you to take up his mantle in the way he can't trust me. He doesn't know what I'm capable of entirely. But he knows exactly what you can do because he taught you."

Her brother scoffed but his face lost some of its anger and he seemed to relax.

"I'm going to untie you now," She told him. "Do not attack me."

When he was untied and given back his sword, which he sheathed, Marinette brought over the food. "You know my name," She said after he took a bite a cookie and seemed pleased with it. "What's yours?"

"Damian," He answered. "Damian Al-Ghul Wayne. How did you obtained magical powers? And what is the creature that thought it could hide from me?"

Marinette just blink. Because Dammit Tikki. The pink ball of fluff out with a chastised look on her face. Unfortunately that look meant nothing as all the other Kwami Marinette now protected as Guardian thought that meant they could come out to.

Plagg straight to Damian and sat on his lap, "Cheese. Now."

Marinette face-palmed. The Kwami had taken trying to declare dominance ever since Ladybug took the ring back from Chat Noir.