Ladybug : A Young Avenger

Start from the beginning

Marinette narrowed her eyes, "Didn't your father help on the Manhattan Project?"

Silence.

Pepper cleared on her throat. "Tom, Sabine, before anyone agrees to anything I'd like to go over safety procedures in place. Would you mind stepping outside with me, I could use a bit of fresh air."

Tony and Marinette just stared at each other as the three left the room. When the front door closed behind them, Marinette leaned forward, "What do you want?" Her patience had reached its end.

"Aren't you being a little rude?" Tony smirked.

"Aren't you a little old?" Marinette snapped back. "What do you want?"

"I want Ladybug's help."

Marinette flinched back in shock. Her heart raced in her chest. "How do you know?"

"I'm Tony Stark," He shrugged easily, picking up a mint chocolate Macron. "I know everything."

Marinette fought the fear racing through her, and steeled herself like Miranda and Audrey had taught her, "So Iron Man's wanted Ladybug as an intern? So what does Iron Man get? What does Ladybug get? What does Tony get? And what does Marinette get?"

"You made clear distinctions," Tony said approvingly, his business-side gearing up. "But I am Iron Man." He said. "You come to New York for this spring break and for the summer. I get Ladybug's help in handling a personal issue that has developed within the Avengers. Ladybug gets training from the Avengers. Marinette gets to add Stark Industries and a personal letter of recommendation from Tony Stark to her resume."

"On the condition, that identities stay secret from the media," Marinette crossed her arms. "I don't suppose I can hide it from the rest Avengers for very long. And I get an additional letter of recommendation from Pepper Potts. Pepper takes my friend Chloe on as an intern; she's the hero, Queen Bee. And only one who knows my identity, besides you. Also, I actually do get to help design your next suit. My expenses?"

Tony smirk widened. The girl knew how to cover her bases. She even wanted to have an Ally with her should things take a turn. "All paid for by me. First-class all the way. You and Chloe will stay in the Stark Tower on the same floor as the other interns."

"Other young superheroes, you mean?" Marinette guessed, causing Tony's eyes to twinkle in joy. "Spiderman, Iron Heart, and WarIron. Based on their sizes, I had guessed they were young; teenagers probably. Why didn't you ask Chat Noir too? Or why aren't you? Because you're not, you would've mentioned it by now?"

"You mean the Agreste kid?" Tony said, not noticing Marinette's eyes widen in surprise. "He's not serious enough for me. I play games but he goes too far. Surprised you haven't dumped him yet. Get a better partner."

Marinette took a bit of a macron to get a moment to think. Adrien was Chat Noir. In retrospect, it made a lot of sense. Both were socially immature, and a bit naïve. Each had an idealistic view of things and didn't let the real world break them of it. For example Adrien and his dealing with Lila's lies. Chat Noir and Ladybug turning down his advances.

"Very well," The bluenette finally agreed. "I agree to be your intern. Shall we discuss my salary now or later? Well, need to before I or my parents sign any contracts."

It was Tony's turn to narrow his eyes. Not one; not a single one of his interns: Harley, Peter, or Riri ever asked about how much they'd get paid. They'd all assumed it was an unpaid internship and was surprised when their contracts included a salary. "You're a shark."

Marinette hummed, "You should see me when there's blood in the water."

That was something Tony was looking forward to seeing.