I was peacefully grilling the meat and sometimes stole glances at Jay.

He was just beside me preparing tofu and vegetable soup. Since he thought it was good to make soup to keep us warm.

He wasn't wrong.

"Quit staring at me" he says as he focuses on the soup he's preparing.

I got startled by what he said and looked away, embarrassed.

I then decided to focus on the meat before I embarrass myself again.

"Avery!" I hear Mia call out my name.

I looked back, searching for her voice until I felt someone grab my wrist and pulled it upwards.

I got startled by this motion.

I then saw that it was Jay that did so. He pulled my wrist upwards knowing that I almost burnt my hand by looking back.

"Be careful" he says, slowly letting go of my wrist.

It was silent for a while until I spoke.

"I guess I'm not the only one staring"

He looks away with the embarrassment this time as he went back to cooking instead.

Of course, my heart fluttered by his little action, but I couldn't help but tease him.

-

"Guys, let's gather around!" my classmate says. Us not having anything else to do, we all stood up and obliged her demand.

"Let's play hide and seek" she says, proud of her idea.

"In the dark? No thank you" Charlotte says.

We took glances at her.

"What? Hide and seek in the dark? Are you guys insane? Plus, it's muddy and I don't want to get my shoes dirty" she says as she noticed our stares.

Well damn Charlotte, no one told you to wear white sneakers. I thought to myself.

"Don't be a pussy and just play the damn game" Mia says getting annoyed.

"It's either you join us or stay here with Mr. Lee" one of my classmates says.

Charlotte thought for a second.

Please say you're not playing with us. Please say you're not playing with us.

"Fine, I'll join"

I cursed mentally

"Let's get started then"

We all stood up and went hiding in the woods.

We took our separate paths to look for a hiding spot.

30 seconds has passed and so the seeker started looking for us.

I couldn't find a spot to hide, so I started to panic. I went looking for a spot as quiet as I can.

I heard footsteps and I assumed it was the seeker. Out of panic, I ran and before I could find a hiding spot, I felt someone hold my wrist and pulled me towards them.

I looked and saw Jay.

I was wrapped in his arms as he was covering my mouth with his hand, a sign of telling me to keep quiet.

After I got the signal, he let go of my mouth.

He looked to his right,  avoiding eye contact.

He was keeping me close to him, hoping the seeker won't catch us.

I could smell his manly scent and felt his breathing through the movement of his chest.

I looked at his face as if I was memorizing it. I wanted to get a good look at him, knowing that after this game, he won't be this close to me anymore.

I wanted to make the most of it.

My heart started to rise as I feel my cheeks heating up.

I could hear my classmates screaming and the seeker saying "I got you!" which meant that even if he catches me now, I won't be the seeker in the next round.

With that in thought, I relaxed a bit.

We stayed like that for a while until we no longer heard anymore footsteps.

He lets go of me and starts to walk away.

I felt the absence of his embrace. I wanted him close to me, his arms around me just like earlier.

"Jay, wait" I spoke, almost a whisper.

He halts from his walk and turns around. This time facing me.

"Can we talk?"

Lots of love :)
- ims

jay and ave are finally interacting, yay yay!

i hope u enjoyed this chapter :3

i love u all so much and also don't forget to vote ;)

also, i really wanna interact with u guys but y'all are silent readers *cries* pls don't be afraid to share your thoughts in the comments :<

<3 <3