"Great? That word brings no justice to how amazing this dish is!" I say excitedly.

He laughs at my reaction.

"You have to cook for me again. This is amazing." I say, regretting what I said earlier. How dare I challenge him? Especially when it's coming from a girl who prepared a meal out of youtube tutorials.

We ate and talked for a while. It was so beautiful. So simple, yet so beautiful. Nothing fancy, just me and jay in a dining room with homemade food.

However, there was something that kept bothering me.

"So, do you live alone?" I ask

Jay took a while to respond. "I do actually."

I looked at him sadly "Since when?"

"Ever since I went to America not too long before your birthday."

I then recalled the time he said he was leaving for America. I wouldn't forget it, because I remembered how hurt I was thinking he was moving there for good. Again.

"I thought your mother came home with you earlier this year?"

"She did, but she left for America not too long after that." He says quietly.

"Do you have any relatives that can look after you or something?" I ask, worried.

"Well, there's my aunt. But, she has a family of her own. It would be a hustle for her to look after me." He says looking down, eating his meal.

I stayed quiet at his last statement. I felt rather disappointed in myself. I'm here going on with my life and didn't even know that Jay was living alone all this time. It must have been lonely for him.

"Jay if there's anything you're going through, know that you can talk to me alright?"

Jay stares at me for a while and smiles as he holds my hand resting on the table.

"I will. Don't worry about me. I'll be okay" he says trying to assure me.

-

I just finished washing the dishes we used earlier and started to wipe my hands with a cloth.

Jay actually insisted that he should do the dishes, but I didn't allow him to after all he's done today. He must be exhausted.

I walked over to him and sat beside him.

"Congrats. I forgot to congratulate you earlier."

"Thank you" he smiles. "Wouldn't have scored the last 5 seconds of the game if it wasn't for your cheer" he laughs, teasing me at how awkward that moment was.

I pushed him playfully and laughed along with him.

"Honestly, though. It meant a lot" he says and I blushed at that. I didn't want to continue talking about it because then I'd be a blushing mess.

"So, is there anything you want to do?" I ask, changing the topic.

"I do want to take a picture of you since you're wearing my jersey."

My eyes widened at that. I almost forgot I had his jersey on.

"Sorry, I forgot. I'll return it to you-"

"No, it's okay. You should keep it." He smiles at me "So, can I take a picture of you?"

I blushed at that. "Sure"

We stood up from our seats and went to the living room.

He told me to pose and he started taking pictures of me. He then stopped for a moment and went closer to me.

He walked my way and started fixing my hair "Your hair is a bit messy."

I froze at that, nervous from his sudden actions.

He takes a strand of hair and pushes it behind my ear. "There you go" he says, still standing where he was.

There were a few inches between us and it made my heart race. He was too close.

He looked at me and didn't lose eye contact.

"You look so beautiful" he says in a whisper and moves closer to me.

I feel my heart racing and my hands starting to get cold.

And before I knew it, he presses his lips firmly to mine.

Lots of love :)
- ims

didn't see that coming huh? :>
just kidding ^-^