"Because I f**king cannot appa. I would have forgiven him if he had hit me, scolded me or done something else but I can't forgive him for what he did yesterday" Arpana replied to her father.

"What did he do?" Lalitha asked her daughter nervously.

"He tried to touch my body without my consent. In other words he tried to rape me!!"  Arpana blurted out without a second thought. "So what? He is your husband. He has every right to touch your body whenever he wants" Intrajith roared at his daughter!

Arpana had never felt more disappointed with her father. She knew that there was no point in talking to her father now. His mind was clouded with misogyny. “I feel so sad that you are living in 21st century and still your mentality is like in an era where Devdasi and Sati systems were followed. I’m disappointed in you both. Please leave me alone” Arpana said and closed the door on her parents’ faces and cried until there were no tears left. Sometime later Arpana received a call from Arjun’s mother.

"Hello" Arpana answered the call coldly.

"Hello Arpana, is Arjun alright? I have been ringing him since yesterday but he isn't answering the call dear" Revathy asked Arpana with worries etched on her tone.

Did Deepak not tell her anything?

"Actually Amma, I'm currently at my house. I'm not really sure where he is. Maybe his phone is out of charge or something" Arpana replied.

"I would've checked on him if I could have had but Arpana, I'm in a remote place for a function. Could you please go and check Arpana? Is everything ok between you two?" Revathy asked her daughter-in-law, feeling very worried.

"Yes everything is fine between us" Arpana lied and continued "don't worry I will go and check upon him". Arpana does not understand why she agreed to go and check upon him.

I should've thought before I agreed

Arpana didn't want to break Revathy's trust either, therefore she decided to go and see Arjun once again. Instead of breaking all ties with him she is going back once again to check if he is ok....
After approximately 30 minutes, Arpana reached Arjun's house.

The place she never wanted to come back to...

Arjun's car wasn't there. Luckily she had the spare key with her. She had forgotten to give it back to Arjun.
Arpana called out Arjun's name, but she didn't get any response from him. After searching the whole house, Arpana started getting nervous and worried. Arpana didn't know why she was feeling this way. She called on Arjun's number multiple times as well but he wasn't answering.

Arjun where the hell are you?

Suddenly an idea popped into Arpana's mind to call Deepak. She wasn't sure if he would be able to help but she felt hopeful that he would be able to help.

After a few rings, Deepak finally attended the call "hello Vadina, sorry I was in a meeting. Is there any emergency?" Deepak asked his sister in law.

"Actually Deepak, Arjun is nowhere to be seen. Amma is worried about him as well. Do you have any idea where he could be?" Arpana asked him. Deepak was able to sense her worry from her tone.
"The only place I could think of is Anjali's grave. He spent most of his time there, especially when he is mentally disturbed. It's near the Waterloo mall in town" Deepak told her. "Thank you so much Deepak" Arpana said and quickly ended the call.  Arpana then rushed to where Deepak had said to see if Arjun was there. Throughout the journey to the grave Arpana was questioning herself on why she was bothering about Arjun this much. About the person who hurt her so much.

After reaching the place Arpana slowly entered the grave, that's when reality hit her that Vihan is also in this graveyard as his last funeral rites were done here. Trying to push aside her thoughts, Arpana started looking for Arjun. After looking for him a little bit she noticed a familiar face. It was none one other than Arjun. He was sitting on the ground next to a particular grave and was crying. He looked very vulnerable.

"Arjun?" Arpana called out his name, Arjun looked up with a sadness filled expression hearing the familiar voice.

...................

Here is the next chapter, thank you KeerthanaRaj5 for editing it for me !

What is your opinion on this chapter ?

Did Arpana do the right thing ?

What do you think Arjun's justification for his deed might be?

What may happen in the next chapter ?

Please do keep on supporting me ❤