[*Chapter Twenty-Four*]

Start from the beginning

"That's not the point, and you know it! Why wouldn't they say anything?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe because they aren't here too. You know?"

Elena opened and closed her mouth. She nodded, looking down at her feet. "Yeah." She whispered sadly.

Darcy stood up and gathered Elena in her arms, her chin on Elena's head. "Look, I'm sorry if I'm too hard on you. But you need to give Jenna a break, okay? She didn't ask to be put in this position. None of us did. Okay? She will answer all the questions that she can."

"Okay. Sorry." Elena mumbled into her neck, wrapping her arms around Darcy. "Thank you. As always."

"Shh. It's okay now. Now go get your answers. I'm gonna get ready for the dance." Darcy said, pulling away and skipping up the steps.

💜🖤💜

Darcy was in the process of getting ready for the dance, curling her hair into loose curls, and swiping on her famous blood-red lipstick when she heard a ticking sound. Frowning, she capped the lipstick, laying it back on her vanity, and looked around her room. A strange pit began to build in her stomach, a sign something was wrong or something bad was going to happen. Spinning around, her eyes glanced around, staring in every corner, trailing her grey curtains, skimming the wooden flooring. When nothing came up, she furrowed her brows when the noise stopped. Her shoulders sagged a bit, but she still kept on guard.

Again. The ticking resumed. "Elena," Darcy called, loud enough for her sister to hear on the opposite side of the hallway.

Elena's door opened, then she appeared in the open doorway. "Yeah?...Wow! You look hot!"

"Forget about that. Can you hear a ticking noise?"

Elena looked at her puzzled but listened anyway. She titled her head, then jerked it upwards when she heard the sound. "Yeah." She confirmed the Huntress wasn't going mad. "What is it?"

"I don't know..." Darcy trailed off, still looking around, then halted when her sight landed on her bag resting on the bed. Her gaze widened with realization, she diverted her look to Elena. "The compass!" She exclaimed before darting forwards and snatching open the bag. Her sister appeared at her side as she flipped open the lid. They both froze, seeing the arrow whizzing around.

"Shit, Elena. Call Stefan!" She demanded, freaking out, thinking a vampire could be nearby.

"It could be Stefan; he should be on his way."

"Just do it! I don't like this feeling I'm getting."

"Okay! Okay." Elena scrambled around looking for Darcy's phone; she found it on her vanity and hastily called Stefan only to get no reply. "No answer."

"Try again."

"But.."

"Dammit, Elena. Try it again!" Darcy shouted and yanked on her hair when the feeling grew stronger. She paused, then plucked the stake from her bag then ran out into the hallway. "Jeremy? Jenna?" She cursed at the lack of reply.

"Ahh, Princess! How may I help you?" Damon's voice sang over the speaker.

Elena's face scrunched up in disgust. "Uhh, wrong person. Where is he?! Where's Stefan?"

"He's on his way to you. He forgot his phone."

"Thank God-"

"Damon, the compass is spinning." Darcy snatched the phone off Elena. She paced around as the device continued to tick.

"It must be Stefan. He's on his way."

"I don't know, Damon. Something doesn't feel right."