Chapter Thirty One.

We were all in the flat, reporting the incident and having some tea because I could swear Louis was about to hit somebody. The police arrived soon enough to take all our statements and get what damages happened to Louis's and whatever other poor persons car we hit. I couldn't believe it had all happened. Mark hadn't let go of me, not one bit. He arms were constantly around me and I didn't mind much, it sort of helped with this fear that hit me.

While looking at him through the side view mirror, I could swear I knew that fear that crept into my body, inch by inch it froze and fought to compose itself but nothing worked. After about an hour of investigating I decided to call Rose, since she was out with Niall I hoped she wouldn't mention this to him. She got really worried and said she was on her way home.

Once the police were packing up all the evidence on the cars and witnesses down the street, the last investigator said good night and all that was left was Louis, Mark, and I. I didn't know what to say, so when I got up to hug Lou he hugged me back just as fiercely. I felt like crying, but I didn't know why, so I immediately stopped myself. I pulled away, picking up the tea and making Lou follow me into the kitchen.

"Alaine, as much as I want to stay, I think your boyfriend feels so uncomfortable around me and is more than capable of taking care of you. Just please stay safe, keep in touch." he said kissing my forehead and hugging me goodbye as he left. The door shut and Mark got up from the couch to help me out in the kitchen.

I washed the cups and he dried them, storing them away in the cabinets. He didn't say a word but I knew he was watching me. When I finished I turned to face him, he leaned over the island, his arms crossed in front of his chest. I didn't know why, but I got the sensation that he was angry and disturbed.

"Mark..." I started to say, looking down at my hands. "I'm sorry I left without a word. I shouldn't of. It was out of no where I saw no danger in leaving for a while..." I said looking up when I didn't see his eyes were so far away but growing closer to me. His finger tips were cold, when they touched my cheeks I could have sworn icicles were being rubbed on me. His palms held my face and his lips were to mine in what felt like mille seconds.

He moved them to fit mine, but never roughly, more like he didn't want to break me. His tongue slithered in and the minute it touched my bottom lip I pulled away, astonished at him.

He looked at me, his blue eyes seeming to come back from the place they once were at. He blinked a couple of times before he could come up with an expression on his blank face; it was shame he displayed.

"Alaine..." he said looking down and running a hand though his hair. "I didn't mean to, I'm sorry. I just... it bothered me you were with him. He's so close to that other guy, I could have sworn he had taken you to go see him." he points out the door.

"Mark I don't want Ha-"

"You do! You do want him! There is a reason why I beat him, he knows you still love him and I cant protect you unless your mine. See what happened today, there's a guy after you and I couldn't protect you at all!" he shouted.

"Mark I didn't ask you to protect me." I say, regretting it right away.

He looked up at me hurt, his hands on his hips with his back sulking at my words. "No you didn't, but I want to. So please give me the chance to show you I can be more to you than someone else, I will give you everything, just give me a chance to show you."

At that moment I felt the icicles again, although he did not touch me I knew he had a point. I wasn't treating him fairly, when I decided to give him a chance, I knew exactly what I was getting myself into. I have to forget about Harry. I should have tried harder when I first said yes, because that's when everything should have clicked.

Save You TonightOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara