Chapter Twenty-One.

It's been about a week since I came to England, I've settled in a little more comfortably with the city and with Rose and Edward. I already started working at Little Miss Ann's and so far I haven't ran into any problems. I made some tea, apparently all my customers prefer tea over cappuccinos. England was so different but I didn't mind. Little Miss Ann's was a bit far from my house that I had to take a cab. Rose sometimes gives me a ride when she's heading this way to pick up some laundry. I'm so thankful for her.

While taking the next order, I went on a break, hoping I could squeeze some homework in. I got out of school at 2 in the after noon and left work at six. I could only do four hours except the weekend where I work in the mornings until one. I didn't mind though, not like I really had other things to attend to. Or people.

Harry tried to Skype me not too long ago, but like always I denied his call. He sent me countless messages, saying things like "We need to talk" "please answer, I know you're there" and the most common "fine, I wont bother you again". but he always did the very next day. So has Louis, but in all honesty, I did not want to tell him anything. I still felt hurt. My phone was connected again, but I had a new number for it. I did have all my contacts saved, but why bother texting one of them when they would eventually tell Harry my number and then he'll bother me on my phone?

I went to the back and started on some homework, by the time my break was over, which was about twenty-five minutes, I had finished everything. Thankful I got back to work to find an unexpected customer. I flinched the second I laid eyes on his hair.

"Alaine?" he asked, his face looking baffled. Shit.

"Um, hi Zayn." I wanted to run, run as far as I could. Why did he have to come here, why when I'm on shift?

"What are you doing here! I thought you weren't coming for another three months until Harry fixed up the paper work?"

I cringed, so he was trying to get me over here? But what would be the point? So I could find him sleeping with another woman, breaking promises he clearly had no intention on keeping. I smiled, offering to talk at the other end letting my co-workers assist the others. "I had a change of plans. I'm going to school here now. I got here all on my own."

He smiled. "That's great! Did you surprise Harry or something?"

My face suddenly found the counter more interesting than Zayn, which everyone would call me crazy because I should feel blessed he is talking to me. I could already see my co-workers whispering and looking our way.

"Zayn, I really want one of those." a blonde petite girl pointed at the breads behind me. I looked at her, she so effortlessly looked flawless. Her eyes immediately scanning mine and vice versa.

"Alaine, I would like to introduce you to my girlfriend, Perrie." he said, holding one of Perrie's hands and her offering me the other.

"Oh so you're Alaine!" she smiled, showing perfect white teeth. "I've heard so much about you! I'm so glad I could finally meet you hun!" I smiled, happy she didn't see me as a vulture flirting up with her boyfriend.

"Nice meeting you too. Would you like that one?" I pointed behind me, grabbing a plastic glove. She nodded and I reached it for her, pulling out a paper bag I quickly slipped it in and handed it to her. Zayn brought out his wallet and handed money which I quickly went to the cash register to get change.

"Does Harry know?" Perrie asked excitedly.

My heart skipped a beat, hearing this question over and over again was going to be pointless, I had to tell them. Maybe they didn't know. I looked over at the head manager who nodded in approval of my small second break. I took off my apron and went to go sit at a table with them.