Chapter Twenty-Four.

• Dedicated to all my readers♥

"I cant believe you're here! I'm sorry I haven't been to school lately, I'll explain later. But now that you're here, I want you to meet One Direction." she said, happily.

I looked at them, stunned to see that they came in a group, full of girlfriends. Except Louis of course, who hasn't had a girlfriend. I blinked, trying to compose myself from shocked to a completely strong person, to show Harry that he wont put me down. I have to stay strong to my word.

"Laney I'm so glad you're here!" Louis rushes by and hugs me close to him. Rose takes steps back and examines what is going on. I'm mentally slapping myself. I should have told her about this episode in my life. How left out she might feel when she realizes I've known these guys since back home.

"I've been flipping rocks for you it's almost insanity!" Lou says pulling back and gripping my shoulders. "Why didn't you call me, or at least attempt to let me know you were safe?! I was worried sick!" he complained.

"I'm s-sorr-"

"Excuse me? I'm Mark." Mark intrudes on us.

Lou turns around and shakes the hand Mark offered, then Mark went by shaking everyone's hands but Harry's, and came back to my side and scooped me up with his arm around my waist. "I'm also Rose's friend, which I may say it's nice to finally see you around Rose." he smiled.

"I know I've been caught up with some personal things that I havent attended classes, but I swear I will tomorrow." she reassured him.

"Alaine, we need to talk." Lou whispered to me while Mark spoke to Rose. I shook my head, hoping this wouldn't happen here. Not now, at least not in front of Rose. I felt Harry's gaze intensify when Mark's arm slithered around me. Caroline was trying to be all up on him, laughing but I knew Harry's eyes didn't leave me once.

"We have to go." I said, turning to Mark. Forgive me Lou, but I cant bare to stand here and watch Harry let that damn woman climb him the way she is. My heart was pounding really fast, I could feel the adrenaline pump through my veins. He looked at me a tad confused. But as I attempted to walk back to our booth for my things Harry spoke.

"Oh, why so soon? It looked like you were just getting the party started." he grinned.

"Don't stop her Harry, if she wants to leave let her. I'm sure this atmosphere isn't the type a girl with... her personality is into." Caroline adds.

I rolled my eyes and walked past them and in between Zayn and Perrie, which I hear Perrie whimper my name but I ignore and head for the booth. I grab my bag and strut out without thinking about how I just left Mark in there to deal with that mess.

"Alaine! Wait!" I hear Rose call out.

I turn around to see she was chasing me the whole time. "What was that all about?" she asked.

I looked down, admitting defeat. "Let's go somewhere quiet."

Just then Mark appeared panting. Rose turned to him, confused at my comment. "You have your car with you?" she asked him.

"Yes."

"Do you mind if I snatch Alaine from you for the rest of the night? I think there's something we need to talk about."

"Sure." he looked at me, saddened at the fact that our night was just cut short, but not by Rose. "Where to?" he asked.

"My place, I'll tell you the address but I think it's safe to say we need to hurry it up. Niall already knows I'm leaving with you guys so c'mon." she said, pulling my arm towards the ballet boy who took Mark's car.

***

Rose's place was very nice. She has everything nicely organized and her kitchen wasn't all the extravagant but it was suitable for perfect living conditions. She even had a dinning room, a lounge (well that's what she called it), and bathroom down the hall with three bedrooms. Her study place was piled with books and paper and her laptop.