Chapter Twenty-Two

I stared, in horror, in dismay, in shock. Basically an entire package of emotions. I looked away immediately, hoping to find a distraction anywhere else. I couldn't help but fidget with my hands, I placed the empty drink back on the coaster in the bar, wishing Mark would tell that girl to go away. I needed everything in my power to get away from here as fast as possible, if I risked seeing Niall, I knew for sure he would tell Harry. Even worse, Harry is actually here. My stomach turned, oh how that would make my night go to complete and utter shit.

I walked into the crowd of dancing people, meshing together, hopefully I could find Rose and make up an excuse, I'm sick. The heat is unbearable. Anything, I just wanted to get out of here. A bunch of girls pushed me back and forth, what kind of rude people do that? I bumped into someone, quickly apologizing but to see it was only Rose, she laughed and led me out of the crowd. As we went back to the bar, Mark had disappeared.

"Rose... can we leave?" I asked.

"Why? What's wrong Alaine?" she asked, worried now. I shook my head, hoping that when I smiled at the dancing crowd would wave away any hint of fear I displayed on my face unconsciously.

"Just havent... clicked with anyone. Mark is with some girl, I'm not much a dancer, many factors add up to my leaving." I shrug. She looked down, I regretted ever asking her to leave. I didn't want her to get sad, but she snapped her fingers and perked up.

"I'll get you a drink! You haven't tasted our beautiful drinks yet! Stay here." she said, moving down the bar. Oh Rose, you're such a nice person. Would you call me insane when I told you I'm hiding from Harry and the rest of One Direction or try to understand my feelings like a normal person? I sighed, giving up on the thought and not wanting to bring it up. I looked over to the other end of he bar to almost choke at what I was seeing.

Niall was talking to Rose, oh my gosh, they were speaking. One more inch and they could be so close to me. Not only that but he would recognize me. I had to get out of here, someway, anyway, but quickly. I looked back at them, seeing as Niall takes her hand out to the dance floor, Rose was effortlessly perfect in the way she motioned with Niall, I couldn't stop staring, both of them standing out in beauty. I took the chance to make an escape for it. Maybe I could call a taxi, I just have to call Rose tomorrow to let her know how I got home.

I slipped out nicely, not even saying goodbye to Edward, avoiding Zayn and Perrie, and out into the parking lot. I went up to Rose's car, sticking a note on the windshield wiper. As I was dialing for a cab I heard footsteps coming towards me.

"Alaine what are you doing out here?" Mark said.

"Just, calling a cab. I'm tired. Parties aren't really my thing." I half smiled, hoping he would agree since all high school I did nothing but stay at home. He would believe me, he hasn't known me personally for long, but he knows about me.

"Yeah, I know you aren't. Need a ride home?" he offers.

"I couldn't possibly..."

"Well you can now. Come on, hop in, just tell me where to go." he walks over to a black car, which I strangely dig. He never told me much about his car. I heard it beep as it unlocked. I could save on money by taking his offer... plus its just to the campus. Nothing big about where I live. He opens the passengers door for me and I slip in. The car smells like new, I love that smell. He gets in and starts the engine, not waiting a bit before pulling out.

"So, where are we headed to?" he asked.

I flashed him a smile, not sure what he meant by "we". I look back out the window, seeing a flash of people screaming, and then a bush of curls. I blink twice to see that what I just saw was indeed Harry. He was entering the club and right behind him, was that... Caroline. My gut felt like leaping out, he was such a liar about everything. What was the point of sending me a lot of calls and messages if he was still with Caroline? I felt used, all over again. I couldn't bear to see those two together anymore, I turned back around, feeling a sting of tears forming in my eyes.