Chapter Twenty-Seven.

I didn't have school today, or for the next week. My school offered, with the advice of the paramedics, the days off to recover. I had to call into work and explain it all to them as well. They agreed the customers wouldn't be happy to see a bruised up girl working. I had slept on the couch and woke up to Rose getting ready for school.

"Hey sleepy head, how'd you sleep?" she asked.

"Your couch is heaven. I slept good, I did have a couple nightmares but they all went away after I slept again." I said, getting up and stretching. She turned on the tv and walked to the kitchen. The news was on and I stared at the screen until something came on that made me want to hide in a hole forever and pray I die fast.

"Today's beginnings have brought a tragic end to a young college student who was brutally attacked and almost choked to death as she came to the schools dormitory. Late last night as she arrived to her dorm, the young lady was shoved and choked to the point of no return." the picture switched to that girl who called the police.

"She entered with a guy but as he returned we heard a loud yell then a huge squeal. He rushed back and I called the cops. I saw the black masked man from beneath the counter as I hid from him."

The newsman came back on. "No one knows any whereabouts of the young lady now but the police say they wish to keep it this way until the man is in custody and no out in the streets. The question arises as of how the man had gotten inside school grounds and into the girls only dormitory?"

I shut it off, not even wanting to get into so much detail about it. I sighed and I left Rose's hand squeeze my shoulder.

"Don't worry about it Alaine. I wont tell anyone about how you're here. Even if they want to investigate. I'm sure it will die down soon enough. I'm going to come home late by the way. Niall is picking me up and taking me out to eat okay." she says.

I nod, I feel so happy for her. But I haven't told her about Mark and I, but she was a little curious as to why he was with me yesterday night though she hasn't asked much about it. I hear the door open and I quickly turn to remind her.

"Don't tell Niall anything Rose, I don't want H-Harry to find out."

She stops and nods, then closes the door. I sink back into the couch, making sure I could breath. I almost lost that privilege earlier, I will never take that for granted again. I get up and make some coffee in the kitchen, boy it's going to be a long day. As I set up my coffee maker the door bell rings. Rose probably forgot something.

I open the door without looking through the peephole and find an officer with a man in a suit standing there, a doctor next to him.

"Are you Alaine Saunders?" the man in the suit asks.

I nod, letting them in. The officer stays outside to guard the door. They walk to Rose's kitchen table and the doctor asks me to take a seat.

"What's this about?" I ask.

"Good morning Miss Saunders, I am detective Dun here to ask you a couple questions. The college is very alert on what happened yesterday and want to give safety to the school again. Your safety is very important to me."

"And your health is important to me. I would like to examine your bruises to make sure nothing was damaged in the process." the doctor said.

"Okay. Ask away officer." I saw as the doctor examines my neck and I focus on Detective Dun.

"From your description last night, it seemed to be that you didn't know the individual. Did you get a good look at him?"

"He was wearing a ski mask. I couldn't see anything. He was tall that's for sure. He was taller than my drawer because he could easily see the top of my drawer, where he was looking." I say, recalling his height being higher than my drawer.

"Why do you think he was looking through your dorm but none of the neighboring dorms?"

I shrugged my shoulders. Then something occurred to me, why had I not mentioned this before! How could I be dumb enough to forget about this one important detail?!

"Detective, not too long ago, while I was going into the dormitory, I heard something in the bushes... and-and footsteps. They were clear as day human footsteps, two shoes tapping against the concrete! I hadn't told anyone this to be honest..." I say, thinking back to that night.

He wrote down intensely, with such eyes looking up at me as I spoke about that night. The doctor finished examining my blood pressure, pain, and heart rate. He prescribed me some pain killers in case my neck starts to become a problem to me. I thanked his as he left with the detective.

"Thank you for your time Miss Saunders, I hope you feel much better. I advise you to stay alert, I will have a police officer here for the next week for your safety until we get to the bottom of this. Have a nice evening." he said. I thanked him. The police officer didn't leave. I felt odd closing the door on him, but I didn't want anyone inside I didn't know.

I got my coffee and settled into the room that was going to be mine. The walls were a nice shade of light blue and the framing was white. The window still had cushions to sit on and my closet was quite big. My bed would fit nicely in here, along with a desk I had bought, night lamp, and a night stand. It all should be coming in anytime. Maybe I should call the company to see if its already shipped.

I run out to the home phone Rose has and dial the number from the store. It rung twice before someone answered.

"Comfort Zone, this is Erin speaking, how may I help you?" she said.

"Hi, I made orders yesterday but your store never told me when I would be receiving them."

"Name miss?"

"Alaine Saunders."

I heard clicking and typing. "Hold please."

I sighed then the door bell rang. I walked over to it and found Mark on the other side. He came in and followed me to the kitchen where I served him some coffee. He sat down at the table and Erin finally came back to the line.

"Your order is already shipped m'am, it should be in later today not later than five. Is that okay or would you like it earlier?"

"No, that's fine thank you."

I hung up and looked at Mark, he looked dead beat tired. I couldn't imagine what kind of tossing and turning he did last night. Probably just as worse as mine. I sat down with him and drank some more coffee.

"How'd you sleep?" he finally said, his eyes not leaving the coffee mug.

"Rough, I'm very much tired. But I don't really want to sleep."

He sighed. I couldn't help but feel like he blamed himself. I reached over to cup his hand as it laid on the table. He felt like he had failed me. But he shouldn't fuss about it, I'm fine thanks to him.

"Hey, don't kill yourself about it. You did everything you could and here I am Mark. And I thank you."

"But those Marks, I should of walked you to the door..."

"These will go away! Don't worry really. Here, how about I show you my room! I'm going to move in with Rose and you can walk me to my door no exceptions." I say, getting up and leading him to my room. I open the door to show him. He looked a bit lighter when he saw the room. He touched the walls and smiled as he saw the lights that zigzagged on the ceiling.

"Very cool room." he said.

"I know! Although I didn't get a chance to buy a bookshelf. That's where my paycheck will go to next time." I say enthusiastically.

"No need! My friend has a dad who works with wood. We can go over and make our own bookshelf. Wouldn't that be fun? Paint it too!"

I smiled, he seemed much better. "Yeah, that would be great."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for the wait, I didnt know I had written two chapters for this! So click the next button to go onto the next chapter thank you for the patience! comment, vote, feedback would be appreciated thank you. (: