Chapter Thirty-Five.

Harry sighed, shutting the door and leaning against it closing his eyes tight. I felt Louis kiss the top of my head, taking my face in his hands and making me look away from Harry.

"Laney, we don't have a first aid kit, but I am running down to the little drug store around the corner, be right back. Please take this," he said taking out a napkin from his pocket. "and push it in your nose for the meantime." he got up and quickly made his way out the door.

I stuffed the tissue up my nose. Harry made his way over and kneeled in front of me. I looked at him, not sure what I should say, or what he is thinking. He brought his hand to my cheek and stroked it lightly with his thumb. The touch of his soft skin on mine was almost like being electrocuted, the feeling sent shivers down my spine. He noticed the way I reacted and a smile spread across his face.

"I meant everything I said Alaine, you don't have to worry about Caroline anymore." he said softly.

I closed my eyes, replaying the whole scene in my mind. Every word seemed true and honest... "That still doesn't excuse you from what you did. You still touched another woman Harry, I don't see how making it an agreement gets you off the hook."

He sighed. "I know Alaine, but you know I don't love her. I never did."

A question popped in the back of my mind. Should I ask? "What is your history with her?"

He sat down and laid his back on the couch, looking at the door where she had left by. "Do you really want to know that?"

I did the same as him, making sure we didn't touch but close enough to hear him. "Shoot." I said.

"She was someone I had met while doing the show The X Factor, where I got famous from. She was the hostess. I met her, got to know her, and before you knew it we were having a relationship together. I wasn't thinking clearly, but age doesn't matter to me."

I nod, knowing I could tell. She was older than him by a lot, but as they say love has no age. "And the break-up?"

"The break-up was mutual. People's opinions were getting the way, things got a lot harder once we lost The X Factor, and I guess things just changed. We decided not to be together anymore. I felt, and I mean so did she, it was just a physical thing. I didn't know she was psycho over me now, I thought we'd do the physical thing again."

I felt a small sting in my heart, knowing that he just needed her physically didn't hurt as much as the thought of them being in love with each other. But it still hurt. I began to move the tissue around feeling like the blood was pouring out again. Harry looked at me and helped me adjust the tissue. How embarrassing! I blushed, hoping that blood rushing to my cheeks wouldn't tumble out as well.

"I missed watching your cheeks flush." he said, laughing.

I rolled my eyes, I felt at ease. I didn't mind his touch, him being so close to me anymore, I didn't mind. As much as I wanted to be near him, I know I couldn't be any longer. Harry is in my past now, I cant let him over-run my future. He did what he did and nothing can change that. I cant tell him now I slept with Mark, I think that would be ungrateful of me considering he just kicked Caroline out of his life, but also because I don't owe him any explanations. There's no doubt in the back of my mind I have not gotten over Harry, the way his mere presence makes me feel is more than enough evidence.

"Im back!" Louis shouted when he came in from the door. I got up and followed him to the washroom. He helped me clean up and gave me a fresh plain white t-shirt. I had to admit, I had better days. After rinsing off dry blood on me, brushing my hair to my waves, I was able to recollect myself. Louis put cotton balls in my nose, hoping it would clot. As I appeared from the bathroom I could see Harry pacing in his bedroom, which I found out earlier today.

"He's a mess you know." louis whispered behind me. "All he ever does is think about you, sometimes at night when I use the washroom I could hear him mutter your name. Its pretty sad seeing your best friend like this hopelessly lost dog."

I peeked a bit more to see him finally lay down on his king sized bed, I remember when I used to watch him sleep in the mornings.

"I have to talk to you Lou." I say back, pointing at the couch. We sat down next to each other and I sighed before I began. "Louis, I still love him."

He nodded, smiling. "I know you do. I think what you have is special."

"What we had was special. I agree. As much calm has struck me today, with Harry's feelings being assured only for me, I don't think it's a pass to start all over again."

"Why not?!" he pouted.

"Louis, I got drunk on Christmas Eve. It was my first taste of it, I went over board and Mark didn't have anywhere else to take me. Apparently I started to bawl my eyes out and he confessed his love for me. I woke up nude the next morning." It was hard saying those last few words, did I ever think my life would come to this?

"Oh Laney..." he said scooping me in his arms. "You regret it don't you?"

I felt small tears form in my eyes. "I thought it was Harry the whole time. I haven't answered any of Mark's requests to see me or talk to me. I don't feel the same as I did before that, I'm so confused. I know I love Harry but after my night with Mark, I don't think its right of me to go straight to Harry."

"No of course its not. Why don't you just take sometime for yourself, get your life back into gear before you decide if you want to go with Harry. But even before that, you need to talk to Mark, tell him you don't want to keep seeing him. It must be clear to him his mistake, don't torture yourself anymore. You need a break."

You know, for being a goofy 21 year old, Louis sure had his moments of maturity. I smiled, knowing I should break it off with Mark, as much pain it would take me to watch his face fall to depression, I had to do it to avoid my depression. I don't love Mark the way I love Harry, it's unfair of me to keep being with him when he could be with someone who could make him happy. No more false illusions.

"I don't know if I should get back with Harry though. I know he realizes he needs me but I don't think forgiving him is going to be easy for me."

"It will get easy though, you have to trust that he does love you. He's sometimes a bone head when it comes to love, but trust me, he loves you Alaine."

Love is such a strong word. So much meaning contained within four simple words. A phrase that completely changed your heart, makes you feel like you can fly, allows you to feel everything. Love has infinite meanings though. To some people its being faithful, having respect, never letting go, or just simply being with a person. For me, love right now is forgiveness. I need to forgive. You cant move on and love someone if your past holds you back from that. I don't want anything holding me back.

I walked to Harry's bedroom, which was a bit messy. I walked towards him and looked at his face, his eyes were closed and his breathing was even. I couldn't see a more beautiful image. I brushed my fingers moving his curls back, he didn't seem to shake or shiver. I'll be back Harry. Maybe not right away, but I'm sure somehow we'll be together again.

-----------------------------------

Author's Note:

I didnt know how to end the chapter so i hope it wasnt sucky! I had a bit of writers block but the finals chapters are coming up :) Please Please check out my new story Drops Of Hope ! I know its not a fanfic and I promised a sequeal to Save You Tonight, but I need time to come up with a good sequeal for it first. In the meantime the new story is just another teen fiction story, but i promise you it wont be boring! Check it out, i know you'll love it :)

what do you think Alaine should say to Mark?

Will she really come back to Harry?

Isnt Louis the bestest? haha

Updating after 15 votes :D hopefully I'll have enough time to start the new chapter that way xD comment away!