Chapter Seven.

I didn't even give Harry a second to explain himself, I got up and dropped the cup of ice cream in the garbage near the door, a little too forcefully. I ran out, not wanting to see them make-out right in front of me. I could feel my heart sinking to my stomach. I ran quickly to the elevator, pressing the main floor button so many times. I could feel my tears start to run down my cheeks.

I was such an idiot. A true idiot, to even think, no, worse, imagine that Harry was going to like me back. I was so stupid, so deranged, so childish! How can he have the same feelings towards me when I'm a nobody? I'm just another stupid girl falling at his feet when he didn't even deserve it. When he didn't deserve any of me. I clutched my bag to my stomach, feeling the sickness wanting to leave my body. Wanting this feeling to leave my body.

I arrived at the main floor and burst through the doors so whoever needed it would just use it. I bowed my head down and tried my best not to look up, not wanting any attention.

"Laney?" a familiar voice called after me. "Laney! Hold on! Come back!"

I heard foot steps running after me, sneakers squeaking as they tried getting closer. I saw eyes starting to plant themselves on me, so I started to run towards the doors, those doors were all I needed. Louis couldn't possibly follow me, there were paparazzi outside waiting for news, gossip, anything. I bolted through not catching the paparazzi's attention. Just another family member crying over a loss.

I forgot it was raining, so I immediately got hit by hard droplets of rain. My clothes got soaked, I could already feel them clinging onto my skin, I ran as fast and careful as I could until I reached a park, where I kneeled on grass and let it all out. I let out my sobs, all my sorrow just coming out through my tears. I didn't even care about my new clothes, I just wanted this feeling to go away.

Arms wrapped around me and I pushed them away, crying to let me go until I noticed it was Louis, soaking wet as well. He gave me the saddest look a boy with that face could make and he tried to wrap his arms around me again and I crashed right into them. My wet hair sticking to my face.

"I hate him Louis! I hate him!" I cried.

"Laney, I'm so sorry. I didn't know about her. I swear. I told you Harry was under stress he hardly told me anything."

"Why did he save me? Why, Louis why?!" I screamed.

I felt a big stab in my heart, the wound getting deeper and deeper at the image of Harry all over that girl. I couldn't believe I made such a fool out of myself. I should have stood alone, I should have just stayed away.

***

Louis had dragged me home that day, in the car with Greg and the boys. They all hugged me and for some reason Niall held my hand the whole way home. I sat next to four boys, all cute, while I sat there acting like a zombie and looking like raggedy Ann. I stayed in bed all that week. I couldn't get my hopes up, even at work my boss noticed my depressing mood he told me to take a few days off, luckily with pay, to myself and I decided to spend them at home, watching movies and ordering food. I've been feeling so horrible with myself, I ignored all the boys, screening calls, even hid in the back room when they came to look for me at work. I didn't feel like being anywhere near any of them.

I didn't want to blame any of them, they had no fault in any of this. Apparently Harry's odd persona disclosed everyone from him. How ugly, even thinking about his name made me want to sink into the earth a tad deeper. Not even Carol could help me out of this one, she left two days after our shopping day to Florida, her boss needing her at a convention ASAP. Why should I call her and ruin that beautiful smile of hers?

I heard some knocking at my door. Oh how I dreaded to get up from this couch. Except to pee, that was a must. I got up, in my white tank top, red joggers and black boots. Through my peep hole I saw Louis, holding a striped umbrella. Oh that boy. Couldn't he get the hint that I didn't want to talk to any one of them? Why am I being so rude? He was my Louis, he never did anything wrong but make me laugh until I almost peed myself. I sighed.