Chapter Thirty-Six.

I was dropped off by Louis at the flat. I had spent sometime with him until Harry had woken up, which he would not stay away from me. I decided to leave after explaining to Harry that I needed to work out my life before thinking about the possibility of us. He understood completely, but that didn’t stop him from kissing my forehead constantly. Walking towards the door I saw another envelope taped to the door. I sighed, knowing who this was from. I took the envelope and made my way into the flat. 

“Alaine.” I heard Rose’s voice. I looked up happy to see her, only to have my whole mood dropped. “I’m sorry she was waiting by the door and I had to let her in.” Rose said, almost apologetically, running to me. I nodded at her, knowing you have to let this woman do what she wants or else.

“What are you doing here mom?” I said, putting my bag on the counter.

“Is that how you greet your own mother?” she said, standing in the middle of the living room. 

“I’m going for a walk. Excuse me.” Rose said leaving. 

I spoke when the door shut. “I really don’t remember having a mother much. Do you?” I regretted saying that when she gave me a stern look. I knew her like the back of my hand and she disliked having sass backs. I was her spit-in-image when she was my age. Now her skin got softer around her eyes and she gained a couple pounds after giving birth that she never really decided to get rid of. Her eyes though, they were a dark brown. That’s one thing I didn’t inherit. Whenever she would get angry, she’d squint and it felt like she was breaking your soul apart. That death glare was deadly. Which is what she was giving me right now. 

“Alaine, I did not come here to talk about the past. Whatever happened, it will not change.” she said, sternly.

I scoffed, always with the life lectures. “How did you find me?” 

“The newspapers said Luna’s was a failing business. I assumed you would be coming home to us and when that didn’t happen we called your landlord and-”

“You knew my landlord?”

“You think we would let you go off into the city alone, without knowing where you were and if you were okay? Yes I knew him. When we called in he said you no longer lived there, so we looked for you and found out you went to school. We located you here but it took a week to finally locate you to this place. Why didn’t you tell us you moved?” 

“Like you ever called me mom!” 

She rolled her eyes. “You have no idea how worried we were.”

“Well you didn’t have to worry about me. I’m a grown woman, I can make it on my own and have been since I left. Without your help and it will continue to be that way.”

“Stop acting like such a child Alaine!” she raised her voice at me.

I shook my head, how dare she say this to me?! I felt my eyes start to burn and blur. “I am not a child anymore.”

“You think you’re all high and mighty just because you started acting like an adult at a young age? You think that having no virtue makes you a woman?” she scolded.

“How dare you?!” I yelled. 

“Don’t speak to me like that Alaine!”

“Shut up!” I yelled at her. “You out of all people know that is not how things occurred!” I said, pointing at her.

She threw her hands up in the air, almost exhaustingly. “We told you to stop seeing that boy but you still went to his house! His parents were not home, what do you expect me to think you would be doing? Stare at his walls for entertainment?”