Chapter Twenty-Six

Mark held my hand the whole way home, I was a little afraid to let him drive with only one hand, but he assured me he had plenty of practice. He slipped his fingers to fill my spaces as I did to his, they felt warm. I think at that moment I realized how large his hands were, my hands looked tiny in his, my fingers slender as his were big and gruff. I liked the differences.

"You have big hands Mark." I say, looking out the windshield.

He chuckles. "Yeah, it's called genetics. Ever heard of that?" I laugh. He had made a very valid point there.

There wasn't much to be said on the way home, all was said back at that lovely hill. I think I will be coming back here often. it's a beautiful spot to just be at and now, it collects a memory.

When we arrived at the campus Mark turned off his car and got out with me. I was a bit confused at this, not sure what he was trying to impose here. He asked for my hand and I gave it to him as we walked inside. The girl at the counter noticed us and immediately spoke up as she saw we headed for the elevator.

"Excuse me, no boys are allowed in the girls dormitory, especially at night." she said, firmly.

"Yes, I know. I'm just taking her to her dorm. I don't think it says anything about dropping them off at the girls dormitory, I wont go in. You'll see me come back down." Mark said, a bit of annoyance hinted in his voice.

She nodded, shocked at the tone of voice Mark used on her. Mark pressed the elevator button and we got in, waiting it to arrive on my floor.

"What was that all about?" I ask, a little amused.

"She has probably seen a dozen girls coming in here with five guys a week, but she already judges you because you come in with one guy? Oh and you're sober. That's pretty judgmental." he says.

"Ah, I see. So I'm not like the rest of the girls?" the words come out of me like a dancing parade, really, I felt like dancing in a parade. The happiness his analysis just gave me sent me on overdrive.

"Very unique." he winks at me. I laugh looking back at the elevator doors open, I get out and wave Mark goodbye.

"Thanks for today. Get home safely." I say.

"No, thank you." he said. The doors shut and I saw Mark waited a few minutes to push the first floor button as the elevator didn't go down right away. I secretly smiled to myself, knowing he was probably doing a victory dance. I walked around the my dorm, being the last one at the end of the hall. I pulled out my key as I walked to my door.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard shuffling of papers and drawers being open and shut harshly. I slowly crept towards my door and saw the crack it had opened. I felt my body almost gasp but I cupped it in my hand as I looked back into my dorm. The person was wearing all black, he was looking in my clothes drawers and taking out one of my panties. I felt my face flush with anger and an instant impulse took over as I shoved the door open.

"What are you doing in here, you pervert?!" I shout.

He immediately drops the underwear and rushes towards me, before I can react he shoves me to the wall and I scream, more louder than I have ever for my life. I try to shove his hands off of my but they make they're way to my neck and cut off my voice as I yelp. He shoves me up the wall, both hands constructing a boa type procedure.

I can feel the need for air grow stronger, kind of like the need for it when I'm holding my breath under water for too long, except as hard as I try, nothing goes through. I try as hard as I can to pry them away, but I feel light headed as I move my eyes to search for his mask, maybe pulling it off will make him drop his hands... everything became blurry as it looked like it moved too quickly for me. This hammer was pounding inside my head, my temples, my nose as well before I started to see spots of green and I couldn't bare it anymore, I had to let go. The spots seemed to give me comfort...