Chatper Three

• Dedicated to my readers, thank you for reading xx

I'm making a mocha latte, sprinkling it with cinnamon and viola! I got the hang of making these things. Handing it to the man with the blue jacket, he smiles at me and thanks me. As I'm unwrapping the bill he gave me and charging it on the register, a white piece of paper slips out. I look at him, he's roughly around his twenties, stubble but not too much. I opened the slip of paper to find his name, number, and a "call me beautiful" at the end of slip.

I tried my best not to make an uncomfortable face as he walked away feeling like he got me. I slipped it into my jean pocket.

"You always get the best of luck!" Shannon wines.

"It's not like I want it. Shannon you're twice as pretty. I'm going on my lunch break, be back in a bit." I said, taking off my apron and sliding it under the counter. I went to the back grabbed my wallet and umbrella and went out to the closest sandwich shop.

As I was enjoying my lunch and how good it felt in my stomach, I spotted Louis, he was jumping up and down with Niall and Liam. I almost spit out my water. I was hoping to avoid them all. But I didn't see Harry. Oh thank God, maybe if I slip out unnoticed, I wont have to meet them. I ate the last piece of my sandwich, slipping my water under my arm and walked out when a customer came in.

I made it out to the front, my head turned back to make sure none of them turned around to see me. I hit something hard and I saw food flying around. With all the confusion I immediately helped pick up, muttering sorry so many times I swear I wrote a book of just that word.

Looking back making sure none of the boys heard this commotion, the man I accidentally hit spoke to me.

"Well, lovely seeing your pretty face everywhere, love."

I stiffened. Looking back at his beautiful eyes and his ear to ear smile, I caught myself staring too much. I dropped a piece of lettuce on the tray and mentally face palmed myself. How could I have not known I wasn't going to get away with escaping?

I got up and placed the tray on a table near by. Sighing with myself I rubbed my temples to try and make this nightmare go away but when I opened my eyes, he was still there. Dammit.

"Aren't you going to say anything today, love?"

"Hi Harry." I finally say annoyed.

"There we go babe!" he clapped.

I gave him a sarcastic smile and walked around him hoping I'd be done with him. I heard his footsteps after me and I tried to speed walk.

"Alaine! Alaine please wait!" he called out after me.

"You're going to get attacked by your fans if you keep screaming like a maniac Harry. Just go back with your friends." I say, still looking ahead.

"Alaine spare me one second will you?"

I turned to face him, still walking to an intersection just so he can get the point once and for all.

"Harry just leave me alone! Please! That would be more than enough!"

"Alaine!" he screamed.

I heard a horn honk really loud and the breaks start in motion. I felt his arms pull me out of the way and we fell on the crack of the side walk, him under me so I hardly felt the impact. At some point I lost my breath and I felt my heart pounding on his chest. His warmth slipping into me like fire on ice.

I looked up, to find Harry looking down. I couldn't believe what he had just done for me. He pulled me out of the way just in the nick of time. I pulled a curl out of the way, just so I could get a better look at his eyes, they seem to hold so much in sometimes.

"Miss are you alright?!" a voice said behind me.

"Please help her up." Harry said.

The man pulled me to my feet. I looked at Harry and saw a pool of blood coming out from the back of his head. I screamed, pulling out my phone and dialing 911. After the operator told me to wait on the line, I kneeled down next to Harry. I saw a bunch of camera's arriving. I did my best to shield Harry's downfall, hovering over him a lot. I saw a camera flash and I hovered over his face.

"Alaine, you don't have to, it's always been like that."

I felt my eyes get watery. I looked away before I had time to let them run down my cheek. He pulled my face back to him and wiped them from my cheeks.

"Don't cry beautiful. Its all going to be alright."

I couldn't understand why I was crying, but the more this boy said to me, the more I felt like crying. What is going on with me?

***

They took Harry to the hospital, the ambulance got here and securely strapped him onto a gurney and took him off. I couldn't go with him, so I ran back to the sandwich shop and informed the boys of what had happened. They kind of saw what a wreck I was from all the blubbering I had done. The boys rushed to the hospital, I was not surprised.

"Alaine." Louis said.

"Yeah?" I muffled under all the sniffling I had done.

He came and hugged me tightly. I hugged back, just needing this one hug more than ever. Louis smelled so good, it was like drowning yourself in a never ending sweet smell. He kissed my head.

"Thank you. Here's my number, call me whenever you want to go visit Harry. I take it, it must be bad from the stuttering you did." he joked.

I blushed. Damn my stuttering. "Sure, I'll call."

He left with that and I stayed at the sandwich shop for a while longer before returning back to work. All day the café was busier than ever, I couldn't believe how many people loved us today. I didn't even muster a smile throughout the day, I felt really down in the dumps. Shannon tried cheering me up as much as she could but it was no use. As my shift ended, I was putting in my apron when the TV newscast started.

"And today's breaking news, Celebrity pop sensation Harry Styles from One Direction, was reportedly found laying almost unconscious in the middle of Central and Butterfield. Reports say that as he attempted to pull a young woman, who's name we do not know at this time, out of an oncoming vehicle, he landed on his head causing a concussion." they passed the footage of my hovering over Harry. I looked up once at the camera and everyone saw my face. Damn myself at that moment.

"The boys of One Direction are all wishing their fellow band mate and friend a safe and well recovering."

Everyone turned around to face me. I looked over at Shannon who was just as scared as I was. I made my way out of the café and went home. I cried as soon as I got into my apartment, curling up into a ball and staying there for hours. I didn't know why I was crying. Maybe because I was almost killed? No that cant be it. Or maybe the fact that Harry was the one who saved me? Harry, out of all people in this world. I couldn't get that image of him, looking at me, with the most warmest eyes that I wish I could have stared at in a better situation.

I think that I had to come clean with myself. Maybe I did like Harry. No, not like. I think I was starting to develop feelings for him. My heart thumped a little to fast at the memory of being on Harry's chest, so solid, warm, and secure. I don't think I ever felt that with anyone else. Not that I really had anyone else. Just...he who will never hurt me again. Ever. I made sure of it. Harry's different, I don't know why but I know he is. And I really hope he recovers.

Maybe the newscast was lying, maybe he wasn't as bad as they say he is I mean, they don't want everyone knowing about this. It could just be a cover up. But why would they cover up with horrible news?

Just then I heard my doorbell ring, I wiped my eyes and got up. Maybe it was Carol. Maybe she saw the news. Unless she was out of town again. Gosh she's such a successful woman. She's roughly twenty-eight. But she's always a doll. I rushed to the door as soon as I heard it ring again. I forgot I had a peep hole to look through and just opened it expecting anyone but Louis.

He immediately devoured me in a huge bear hug. I didn't have time to react but than I just hugged him back. He was nothing like my pillow either, he was like Harry.

"Louis, what are you doing here? How'd you find out where I live?" I said, feeling self conscious of my small shorts and t-shirt I was wearing. I couldn't have picked a worse day to change into these.

"Luna's, I asked a waitress."

"Renee?" I questioned.

"Yes, I think that was her name. I came to see if you were okay." he said, his eyes so true in everything he was saying, I felt a lump form in my throat that I could barely talk.

"Sit, would you like something to drink? Eat?" I said, wiping under my eyes just to make sure there was no smudged make-up while walking to my kitchen.

"Let's make some pancakes! From scratch!" he said skipping to the kitchen.

"Pancakes? At six thirty in the afternoon?" I asked a bit confused.

"Breakfast for dinner is always the best!" he said happily. Looking for eggs, butter and my mixer. The somehow upbeat mood made me feel a lot better throughout the day. We made pancakes and I used my grandmothers recipe that she adds a bit of vanilla and cinnamon to make them so much more delicious.

"OH MY GOD. These are the best pancakes I have ever eaten ever!" he said happily as he ate one in whole. I laughed. He was such a child, in a very cute manner though.

Cleaning up was a blast, we ended up covered in flour and butter. We both ended up needing a bath, so I let him borrow some sweat pants that were big on me and a t-shirt. He showered while I put away some pancakes for tomorrow.

"You're shower attacked me with cold water." he said scrubbing his hair.

"Yes, it does that. Did I forget to mention that?" I smiled innocently.

He tickled my sides and I begged him to stop. "Louis stop your going to get messy cause I'm still dirty!" I said shoving him away.

"Let's get you cleaned up then! You smell!" he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I screamed and tried to hold onto the door frame but since he's stronger than me, he got me in the tub and before I could do anything he sprinkled me with the shower head.

"Its cold Louis! Cold!" I yelled shielding my face giggling.

"Exactly mate!" he yelled.

"Surrender surrender! White flag is up!" I joked.

He fell to the floor laughing as I fell to the tub. The laughter died out and then it was just a staring contest. But Louis won because then he sprayed me with the shower head again. He laughed, his little bell laugh, and I promised revenge.

After I showered and got out to watch a movie with Louis, I realized it was almost midnight.

"Hey Louis, you should-" I turned to see him snoozed on the couch. I smiled and got up to get him a blanket. I turned off the TV and went to bed. My covers have never felt so cold. I wonder how Harry is doing... Harry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I didnt think i was going to end up hurting Harry, but the oppertunity came up. ;3 As for Louis .. he's just too cute . haha, your commets are great appreciated! Updating tonight again! Xx