Chapter One.

• Dedicated to Winifred, Thank you love. xx

I'm not a hundred percent sure why Peter wanted us all here today. It should have been my day off. I mean, I have worked all week. Why did he need me when I filled up my hours already? He did mention extra to our paycheck, which was waiting for me in my locker. I've been anxious to get out of here, there was a pair of shoes calling my name at Charlotte Russe.

"Why do you think Peter wants us all in today?" Renee asked me, she had these piercing blue eyes and really black hair. She was one of my favorite girls here and, like the rest of us, was itching to know the big deal.

A pair of strong hands made an enormous clap along with "Ladies and gentleman." that silenced the chatter in the room.

Peter came in with a big smile on his face, his beard was whiter than ever and his pink skin made it look like he blushed all the time. After his daughter died, leaving him this restaurant and her child, he has done nothing but dedicate his time here and the progress this restaurant has made is incredible.

I started working here when I was just sixteen years old, I knew his daughter personally, having made flyers for her grand opening of Luna's, to the day I was told the bad news about her passing. What a day that was, I remembered I stuck my face in a Ben & Jerry tub of ice cream for days, wondering what will become of this restaurant, only to be delighted she had left it to her father. I quickly wiped my eyes, feeling the sting they gave off just thinking about Luna.

"I have great news for you all! We have some very special visitors tonight, along with a lot of very wealthy people, who have booked Luna's for a celebration party." his voice, soft and tender filled us all with excitement.

"The bar's open then Peter?" bartender Mikey shouted from the back.

"Yes, my dear boy! We need to have the best wine and drinks tonight. The chefs have already been informed and fresh ingredients have arrived." We all shouted in amazement. "So freshen up, because tonight is the last night we will be just regular folks working!" We all cheered! What excitement.

I got up about to leave to the washroom, touch up my make-up and do my bun again, when Renee asked a question that peeked all our ears.

"Who are the special guests?"

Everyone shouted Yeah, Peter, who is it?

He grinned. "It's a British boy band in style right now, they're visiting America. Have any of you heard of One Direction?" he asked.

A couple of girls squealed, new employees obviously. Peter pointed at them, making all their excitement die out. "Now darlings, these are very important people. This will be huge for Luna's and I want everyone on their best behavior. Professional behavior if that is possible." he looks at them.

He let us all out of the meeting. I walked with the girls, Blair and Connie, hoping they would scoop me in on this boy band. Being out of touch with the music world since I was sixteen, I had heard about them but never knew they were so big.

At our lockers I casually brought them up to Connie and Blair.

"Are you kidding me? You don't know who they are?!" Connie said, her eyes popping out as if I was wearing a clown outfit.

"I haven't been in touch with my music lately." Personal reasons I wasn't about to share with these gossip girls. "But tell me about them darlings." I smiled.

As they went on, naming the five boys who have apparently "stole their hearts", I started to realize these boys were bigger than Peter had said. They could bring so much publicity to our restaurant! That would make everyone come to Luna's just because they were here at some point. No wonder Peter wanted us all here today.