Chapter Twenty.

Waking up the next morning I felt like complete crap. I had cried various times throughout the night, only blessing was that I called it a night super early or else I'd be dead from lack of rest. I went to the main showers, dressed brush my teeth and applied a braided crown with my hair, letting my waves fall down. I applied anti-frizz and I only prayed it worked. I went back to my dorm passing a couple girls who greeted me politely, asking my name, etc. when I grabbed my book bag and stuffed my things in there.

I had to walk all the way to building E where my classes were at, they were just across a big field from my dorms. I walked in and expected to find a bunch of busy students but instead found them calmly talking, waiting, and a faint smell of croissants. I looked at the numbers to find my first class, mathematics. Why am I taking math for culinary arts? Because I still need help with measurements. As I entered, most of the students weren't even here. I sat somewhat in the back, last row. I didn't know what to expect of this class, but suddenly the jitter bugs came into me.

I'm no longer in my own country for heavens sake! These professors might be more hard-headed than ever! I'm a transfer student, am I going to be picked on? I shook the thoughts out of my head, it was college not high school. I'm hoping we matured more than that. I took out a notebook and my pencil, made a couple doodles to waste my time. Maybe I had gotten here too early?

"Excuse me?" I looked up at the source of an accent, the voice female most definitely. She had long brunette wavy hair, almost curls but not quite there, she had small eyes, and light skin.

"Yes?"

"Do you draw a lot? Cause it seems you're a very good doodler." she smiled.

"No, I was very bored. I think I came too early."

She nodded, she seemed a bit shy. "Well I haven't really seen you around here much, you're a new student?"

I nodded. "Transfer."

"What are you here for?"

"For culinary, I kind of really want to bake soon. But I had to have mathematics first, with my luck." I said, putting down my pencil. She giggled, agreeing that it sucked to have this class first. She started telling me how the professor wasn't so bad, and that they hardly had any homework, mostly class work. She ended up asking me for my schedule and turns out we have all the classes together, she wanted to be a baker too. We made a couple jokes, laughed a bit before class had to start, even then I couldn't focus on the lesson. All I could think about was what Harry was doing... or who was he doing.

***

We were just about to head into our last class when she suddenly stopped dead in her tracks, I looked at her, then at the people staring as she gasped really loud and covered her mouth with her hand. I didn't know what exactly to say.

"Oh my God! I haven't even properly introduced myself to you and here we are acting as if were old chums!" I laughed, she seemed so nice it was almost adorable. I shook her hand showing that we had properly met.

"My name is Alaine Saunders, I'm a transfer student, I'm originally from the United States, I like Chinese food, and I'm a bit of a pessimist. Nice to meet you."

She laughed, taking a second to come up with an answer. "My name is Rose Lynn Marie, I'm a big laugher, I'm from England, I also love Chinese food, and I like to shop."

"Now we have properly met, care to take me to my next class without looking like a lost puppy?" I asked, she nodded and we walked off to class. When we arrived we had to sit in partners, each table had a measurement cup, flour, eggs, milk, fondue, food coloring, sprinkles, mixers, batters, bowls, ovens, and a sheet of paper. I looked over at Rose, who just smiled. I couldn't believe they let us borrow this stuff. I mean, if I had to buy it, it would kill my paycheck. She partnered up next to me and we put our bags to one side as we read the sheet of paper.