Chapter Twenty-Three.

All today, I couldn't stop but keep hearing the gossip that's been spreading around London. All my customers today just have to participate in it. Not that I mind knowing they gossip. I know they do. It's either "So Sally went to this party and got super stoned!" or "They shut down my favorite bar just because someone was stupid enough to fight on the property." That typical kind of talk is interesting. But today's talk, is just disturbing.

It's been five days since I saw Harry with Caroline, and their romance have been splattered everywhere. All the tabloids are dying to know what is the scoop, why they decided to reconnect and how long they've been together. They obviously put on quite a show on that day. It's one thing seeing it everywhere, but hearing the different types of rumors there are is killing me. I just want to scream at anyone who wants to mention it to me.

"Alaine, could you go pick up that table?" Fredrick asked me, the boss over here.

I nodded and grabbed some cleaner and towel. I went off and tried to clean it the best I could which was surprisingly not that messy.

"So Harry is with that Flack again? Ugh, how gross." a blonde girl at the next table. I smiled. Gross indeed.

"Yeah, I cant believe it! Wasn't he with someone back at The States? When the hell did that end! I honestly liked her more, she saved his life! Caroline is nothing but an old hag. He's so young and fresh, why would he want something old and used?" a brunette across from the blonde said. I wanted to agree, so much. Laugh so hard, but I knew if I did they'd notice I was eavesdropping. I finished picking up the table and left to the counter.

"Alaine!" I turned to see Zayn whispering in shades and a grey sweater, sitting at a table. I squinted, making sure I knew it was Zayn. I went over and sat down across from him.

"Zayn?"

"Shh! Not so loud! Yes, it's me love." he said, hunching over the round table. I blinked, a little surprised he was here. He hasn't been stopping by. And where's Perrie?

"I'm sorry, what are you doing here in disguise?"

"I had to disguise myself, the tabloids are everywhere! They haven't left any of us alone for the past week. I feel a bit suffocated."

"Why? Where's Paul?"

"That's not the problem. The issue is this scandal with Harry." I flinched. Zayn don't talk to me about how happy they are because I will resort to taping your mouth shut.

"I've been hearing." I spit out.

"You don't understand how bad this is, Alaine, could you please talk to him?" he scrunched his face.

I shook my head. "Zayn you know Harry made it clear to me I wasn't important in his life the minute I saw them out of the bathroom half naked. I will not talk to him because he doesn't deserve to even have a chance. Not only did he lie to me, he did so with a past girlfriend."

"I know it hurts Alaine, but please don't forget that he loves you regardless. He hardly ever talked about Caroline, let alone let us talk about her. He wanted to forget about her completely, you helped! I've never seen him happier than he was with you. Please let him explain. I doubt he would resist you."

"Zayn no! I want him to make his own life, I don't want to get anywhere near him. I..." I choked. "I really don't want to see him. Ever again."

Zayn's pleading look faded, his head bent down. I felt sorry for him. He had to see his friend slowly change into something he doesn't like. But it isn't my fault. It's not even my problem anymore. Harry isn't a part of my life anymore and I plan on keeping it that way. The look on Zayn's face was killing me though.