Chapter Ten

I put on my pink summer dress, a bikini under just in case, and my white sandals. As I was putting on a bit of mascara and brushing my wavy hair, Louis brought me some cherries.

"Nervous Laney?" he said.

"A little. Nothing a snack cant fix." I smiled, taking one from his bag.

"I am raising you so well my love!" I laughed at his joke. "So you think he'll help you forget all the bad?"

I looked back at the mirror. Honestly, that's exactly what I hoped for. I didn't want to keep looking in the mirror and seeing that same naïve fifteen year old, I didn't want to be easily manipulated anymore, but will Mark really be any different? I mean, would this change everything? And most importantly, will this, Mark, be the cure to my sadness that I now carry from Harry?

"I don't know Lou, I only want to enjoy the moment."

Just then he busted out a note from one of his songs, "Moments". Being around them, I realized they did this a lot. I was starting to become familiar with the songs actually and I didn't much mind. I actually joined in with him for once.

"Laney! You have such a great voice!" he said.

"Oh please, you're the one talking, pop star." I pinched his cheek.

As I was about to leave out to the board walk, Liam came out with me.

"Mind if I walk you?" he said.

I shook my head as we headed out, wondering if Dani was coming too. Halfway there, Liam started to talk to me.

"Alaine, I would really like to tell you something."

"Go ahead, Liam." I said looking at him. He made a struggling face, maybe not sure how to put it in words.

"I want you to be very careful with Mark." he finally said.

"What do you mean?"

"I know he's a great guy, but I would like it if you still didn't give him all your trust, it might just be me... but I don't want you getting hurt like you did with Harry."

I sighed at Harry's name. "Liam, I feel like your going protective mode on me right now."

"I just want you to take my words seriously. I know Harry was devastating, but I don't want you to think your falling for this guy because of the loss of Harry's love."

Ouch, I didn't even think I came off as that. Mark isn't a rebound, is he? I whooshed that thought away, not wanting it ruining my date. I saw how sincere Liam was, no wonder Dani had such a hard time getting him in the house. I now saw exactly why. I hugged Liam as we arrived at the skiing stand.

"Thank you Liam, I never really had someone protecting me. I will take it into consideration. I promise."

He left me and in two minutes I saw Mark coming over. He kissed my cheek again and led me to the stand.

"I hope you brought your bathing suit, cause I thought it'd be nice since it's kind of hot today. That alright with you Alaine?" he grinned.

I agreed and signed a couple papers. We had a life jacket and a boat rented waiting for us. As we left our things in a small locker Mark finally noticed my bathing suit. Well, actually my bikini.

"Nice... bathing suit." he finally said, as I saw him examining me.

"Thank you." I blushed. I cut off the staring as I pointed out that our boat was ready for us. He helped me on, and as the boat came to life as he was skiing first. When the boat dragged him across the water it was like watching perfection. He did funny poses to make me laugh, which all worked. While he tried one that required a lot of balance he fell off and that made me clutch my stomach as he swam to the boat.