Chapter Thirty-Three.

This cold feeling hit me, a cold wave coming in deep from the ocean. Something wasn't right. I made my heavy eyelids flip open, although there was no light hitting me like it usually does every morning, it made it a lot easier to open my eyes. I started to rub my eyes, hoping this would make everything easier. I lifted myself up on my elbows and the sheets were cold on one side. I looked at the headboard, this is not my bed. It was too wide, this bed had too much space, the walls were a different color. Where was I?

I sat up, touching the sheets, and looking around the room. I looked down at the bed and saw my breast was bare, the electric shock was sent down my body. I was naked! Oh my God, what the hell happened last night? I collected the sheet to cover myself up, not sure who I'm covering up from.

Heavy as a rock, my head suddenly ached and the weight felt like a ton. Trying to remember what happened last night, all I remember was Caroline's angry eyes and harsh words and then its all blank. What happened to Mark after that? Where am I? Was I abducted?

The door knob bobbled, I looked up instantly, too fast because I felt dizzy, covering myself up more. Mark came into the room with some orange juice in hand, shirtless. My jaw dropped, I don't know from what exactly, whether it was his toned body that whenever he moved his muscles would flex or the fact that he was only in light blue boxers.

"Good morning beautiful. Feeling like you got hit by a truck?" he jokes.

"More like a bulldozer..." I saw, my eyes following him as he came to the left side of the bed. He hands me the orange juice, which I take a little too slow and leads him to ask me if I was okay. I sip my juice, looking at his metallically sponged blue room with steal furniture.

"What happened last night?" I say, staring at a painting of California.

"I would think you'd remember, it was amazing..." he said, kissing my ear. I pull away and almost drop the juice. I look at him, appalled written on my face but on his was purely baffled.

"Alaine, what's the matter?" he asks, hurt strained in his voice.

"Whats the matter? That's a stupid question to ask in such a situation. Would you really ask someone who finds themselves naked in a bed they have never been in, who doesn't remember anything from what happened last night, and having someone trying to kiss your ear playfully like you were some happy couple?" I catch my voice getting louder.

He stands up and takes the orange juice from me, placing it on the table. I see his midsection, then lower than that and before he speaks I quickly add, "And can you please put on some pants!"

He puts on some joggers. "Alaine, I don't understand why you're acting like this. You saw me naked last night. You even-"

"STOP! Mark how did I end up here?! Why didn't you take me home?!"

"You got crazy drunk, I had to take you home. As I called Rose she said she wasn't going home so I had to take you to my house. No one would have taken care of you, but when you got here...something took control of me and we ended up kissing. It felt so amazing that I took you to my room and you responded by-"

"Mark!" I cut him off, not wanting to hear what exactly I did. Gosh I'm such a fucking idiot. How could I have gotten drunk? What made me drink anyway? I cupped my face in my hands, shuffling through my brain to find why and coming up with Caroline eating Harry's face.

"Alaine, it was the best night of my life." I hear him say, I look away from him, afraid he might see me tearing up. "I know it was odd, kissing you while you were crying about...some girl but I ended up loving how you came to me and opened up to me...mind, body, and soul..." his voice softened up at the end.