Chapter Thirty.

Louis had called me that evening of the incident. I felt my stomach do summersaults as I realized who it was. Mark had gone home by then and I was in my room typing a paper I had due when I returned to my classes, when my phone rang. I hesitated a little, not knowing the number or who it could be, but then answered.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Alaine. Where are you?" Louis asked.

"My room, why?"

"Can you please explain the hell happened today? Why was Harry on the floor bleeding barely conscious?! For someone's sake, I almost lost it and chased you demanding an explanation!"

I sighed, he'd deserve one. I did after all leave his closest friend in the hands of the floor, with no one to help out. I stood up and paced, telling him the whole scenario. I couldn't choke out many things as it all felt to me like the world was moving too fast for my body to process. As I finished and took a bigger breath he didn't know what to say to me.

"I don't know whether to be mad or mad. And how is it that you're with Mark here, of all places in the entire universe? The fact that I want to kick his ass doesn't help my sympathy for him at all." he says, sarcastically.

"I was mad as well Lou, trust me I am. But Harry should have left me alone like I asked him to before Mark arrived. Like I asked him to do a long time ago." I add.

"Point pushed aside, Harry is bad. His jaw is a bit swollen and it hurts to turn his neck. He has a bruise by his lip and its split open. You're so lucky he doesn't want to press charges."

I'm baffled, why wouldn't he not want to press charges against Mark? "Why not?"

"He told the police that he didn't see his aggressor. He was walking down the alley to the shop I was in and BAM! He was caught by surprise. They bought it all but I didn't. I could see the pained look he had on and it wasn't from the hits he took on his face."

I looked at my laptop. Next to it was the ring Harry had given me. I shook off the feeling and told Louis to just take care of Harry, he'll need him. Louis agreed but asked me if he could have some coffee with me later. Having nothing to do I agreed. As I finished tying my boots, Rose came into the room.

"Going out?" she asked.

"Yeah, I wont be back late."

"I wouldn't let you if it were late. Not only is there a psycho going after you, but now I know Styles is on the prowl for you." she scoffed.

She didn't like Harry's arrogance, but what she mostly disliked was the fact that he would be looking for me everywhere but still be with Caroline, even when they went out as a group for double dates he'd act as if Caroline would be the only girl in his world.

"Don't say that. I'm pretty sure he's not going after me anymore, it'd be useless since he now knows I have someone who's going to look out for me." I get up and get my coat. She follows and nods at the statement.

"True, plus paparazzi haven't seen him out since you last saw him. The news reported the incident though you know."

I sigh, seeing the news made my nervous system act up. Last thing I want them to do was start snooping and blaming me for the beating he took from my current boyfriend. Oh how joyful it would be seen as the bad person, especially to a celebrity. I headed out the door, letting Rose know when I had left.

Louis decided to meet at a Starbucks not far from Rose's flat. The place has glass windows as the walls and you could see everyone inside. I immediately spotted Louis and sat across from him. He put on a cheesy smile and greeted me by getting up and hugging me tightly.