Chapter Fourteen.

Its been almost two weeks since my first date with Harry. I couldn't believe it, we have gone out to so many places, none of which were so expensive. I couldn't ask for much, I didn't want much. I just needed Harry. The paparazzi have been extremely crazy around my apartment, the gates have now been closed with a lock, no more openly welcomes. Our landlord gave us all one copy of the key to open the gate, other than that no one else is allowed in. He even pays for someone to stay outside the gate to push paparazzi away when someone needs to get in or out, even outsiders are checked for camera's.

I cant believe I've become so popular on the cover of magazines, its always Harry and I, holding hands, walking around a park, there was one even of us kissing. I liked it so much I bought the magazine and cut out the picture, carrying it in my wallet. Harry did warn me about getting hate from fan girls, but to my luck I haven't been into social networking sites since Myspace back in high school, my freshman and sophomore year. None of them have hunt me down at my own house, yet.

Work has been a hassle too, but luckily with this whole fiasco of Harry and I dating, it has brought more publicity to Little Miss Ann's, and I love it. I couldn't of seen Shannon so happy, she has enough to pay for next semester of classes. I couldn't of been more happy for her. I have to admit, ever since Mark brought up going back to school, I've actually missed touching a text book.

Speaking of Mark, I felt really bad letting him down once he got back. I had to have a long talk with him over the phone, telling him how I'm actually seeing someone else right now. He did ask for a second date, but I told him what happened after. I felt like he deserved to know, even though he said no compromise. Although his answer was sincere, I remember hearing a lot of hurt behind his voice.

"Oh, you're seeing Harry Styles?" he said.

"Yes, I am. I'm so sorry, over what happened and what is happening now."

"Oh no, its fine." he laughed, a bit nervously. "I always knew you wouldn't be single for long. You're very beautiful, young, happy, and I don't blame him. Sure wish I would have just swept you away when I had the chance. I'm not mad, just jealous of him."

I blushed at the thought, why was it still affecting me? I snapped out of it and finished the vanilla cappuccino a man had ordered. When he gave me the money I gave him his change and he winked at me.

"You're very beautiful, mind if I give you a tip?" he said, not waiting for my response and slipping me a five dollar bill. He then walked off. I stuffed the bill in my pocket and got the next order.

"Welcome to Little Miss Ann's, how may I serve you today?" I looked up to meet some old pair of eyes I never thought I'd see again. I had to blink twice to get a better look at him.

"Hello Alaine." Peter said.

I didn't say anything.

"Never thought I'd see you speechless for once. You always had something to say. How have you been?"

"How may I serve you today?" I repeated, a little colder this time.

"Alaine, I would like to talk to you."

"Not here, I'm working don't you see?" I pointed to the line forming in the back of him. All noticing how he wouldn't order anything and starting to grow impatient.

"I'll be sitting at that window table, waiting until you have time to talk, but I will not leave until we speak at least for five minutes."

He left the line and sat down right where he said he would. I sighed and took more orders, I had half an hour left, I couldn't even make him impatient and leave. I make an espresso and lemon tea when Shannon came back from the back. As she took more orders and I worked on them, I couldn't help but not look up or smile at the customers, hoping the clock would finally freeze and slow down, for once I didn't really want to leave work. After a while, Shannon finally spoke to me.