Chapter Thirty-Four.

New Years passed about six days ago. I didn't celebrate it with anyone. I have been alone in the flat, cooking up recipes that I have to turn in when I go back to school. I needed to cook up at least fifteen, it could be anything. I tried to make a lot of things on my own and I succeeded. Except one time I left my chicken in the stove too long and my neighbor almost called the fire department. Today I'm trying to make ice cream, Oreo to be exact. I don't know how many cookies I bought but I was ready to mash them.

I haven't talked to anyone since Christmas. Mark has stopped by a couple of times leaving me cards and notes but I refuse to open them. I bundled them up and locked them in my drawer. I don't have the guts to answer him. I was caught between two emotions, anger and disgust. Not disgusted in him, more in me for not trying to knock sense into myself. I still call myself an idiot, but what makes things worse is that he's still trying.

I mashed a bunch of Oreo's together and dropped them in a bowl, thinking of me and Mark's night together. Although I remember what happened, the details are vague. At night I hardly want to sleep and instead wake up to bake. I could swear I was getting fat from all this baking. I mashed more into the bowl and decided it'd be enough now. Grabbing the hand-made ice cream from the freezer, I poured in the Oreo's and mixed with my metal large spoon.

My phone went off, which was sitting on the counter next to the sink. I washed my hands and quickly answered.

"Hello?" I said, forgetting to check the caller I.D.

"Laney! I'm glad you answered!" Louis said from the other end. I smiled, I forgot all about him for a good two weeks.

"What's going on Lou?" I said, walking to the island and putting him on speaker. I started to mix again.

"I was wondering if you hand any spare time to give me Laney. I miss you! I haven't seen you since my birthday!"

"I know." His birthday...if he only knew. "I have time, just making some ice cream but we can come back to eat it later. Where do you want to meet up?" I say, checking the ice cream. It was delicious if I may say so myself.

"My flat?" he asked. I sighed, immediately regretting saying I had time.

"No Lou." I said flatly.

"Come on Laney! Is it because of Harry?" he said, my eyes widened wondering why he always came out so straight forward and made things a bit awkward.

"Yeah. I really don't want to walk in on them doing the deed on the couch." I say bitterly.

"Funny I would think you'd be over him since you seem so happy with your boyfriend." he says, knowing Louis he was probably grinning proudly by bringing up a should be fact. I bit my tongue.

"You're such a sass-mouth."

He laughed. "Yes I am! So I'm expecting you here in about twenty. Don't be late I have much to tell you! I'll leave the door open cause I'm going to shower."

"But Lou I don't wa-"

"Bye Laney!" he said hanging up.

What the hell? I reluctantly got changed and decided to bring my ice cream in a container. Wishing it wouldn't melt I tucked it in my big black bag and made my way down to the street. Locking the flat up I noticed there was a pink envelope taped to the door. In cursive I saw my name, knowing it was Mark. Was he still here? I grabbed it and stuffed it in my bag not thinking much on it. I wouldn't want to see him.

On my way down I found a taxi and gave him directions to Louis flat. After I had given him the address I was astonished at myself. I thought I had forgotten it, but like an old song I said it without skipping a beat. I sat back and looked out the window. The last time I ever set foot in that flat I had been disappointed in what I found. I was afraid, not because of the fact it brought back horrible memories, more like I would be bringing back new horrible memories. I looked down at my phone to see I had received three text messages from Mark this morning. I sighed.