Chapter Twenty-Five

I slept over Rose's house, she offered her bed but I couldn't take it. We both ended up sleeping on the living room floor talking about her past boyfriends, how most of them were jerks and wanted nothing more from her but sex. That was always the reason for her break ups, she wanted to find someone who would wait. She hated to be pressured. I thought it was right of her to do so.

We were going to head off to class, luckily we only had culinary arts today. She let me borrow some jeans and a t-shirt that said "No Boyfriend, No Problem", the irony made her regret randomly choosing that one but it was quite hilarious to me. I accepted it without questions, laughing as she embarrassingly joined. On our way out she stopped before opening her door. I look at her, wondering why she stopped.

"Alaine, I know this might sound crazy but I was wondering if you wanted to move in with me?" she said a bit sheepish.

I looked at her puzzled, move in as in live here with her? I felt like cracking up but held it in.

"Woah Rose, I mean I'm just getting to know you, lets take this relationship slow." I joke.

She laughs loud, shaking her head. "You are such a wise mouth. I really need someone to help me. Plus, you could leave campus and get home whenever you want, no curfew." she smiles.

I suppose those are the perks, but that means I have to pay rent. But really, where else is my money going to besides my safe in my closet?

"Let me think about it. I'm going to have to make sure i could financially do this but most likely I can." I think, how much did I have saved up? She hugs me and leads me out. When we get to school we get right down to business. Our mission for the day was to bake three croissants with fudge filling and the beginning of a pumpkin pie. Folding the croissants must have been the hardest part for me. Once they were folded properly, which took three tries for the first two, I stuffed them in the oven. I was sure I could start the pie, so I went up front for my ingredients. Passing by Gregory's desk I saw he folded the croissants in a different way, intrigued I stopped. He looked up to me and I forgot I shouldn't be around him.

"Can I help you?" he said, a bit too harsh or I'm being sentimental today.

"Just cool how you fold the croissants differently. How'd you learn to do that?" I point at the folded dough.

"It's a family secret, I really shouldn't tell you. Just think of a design and fold it in the same shape of the new design." he said bluntly. Suddenly I felt awkward and immediately regretted even speaking to this kid. I walked up to the ingredient table and snatched what I needed. Walking back I avoided eye contact with Gregory, event though it felt like he was looking straight on me.

As I predicted I finished everything and we brought it up to our professor. On the way out Rose was telling me how she wanted to finish the filling by chugging it down but she had to resist. We reached the door and as we were about to leave Gregory shoves past us that he hits my shoulder in turn hitting Rose's.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" she shouted angrily at him. He turned around to face us, a hard emotionless expression plastered on. I felt the hairs on my neck go up. I wanted to tell Rose to just drop it and to walk away but I knew she wouldn't even consider it.

"I'm pretty sure I only hit her." he pointed to me.

"Yeah well cause and effect dude." Rose said sarcastically. I looked at her wanting to telepathically say shut up and lets get out of here!

"I'm sorry Alaine." he said before walking away from us. Rose let out a ugh noise, disgusted at his attitude. She walked towards the parking lot.

"Why does he give me attitude? He's the one who hurt me!"