I Have To Go Save The Planet-

Did they shower together? Yes.

Did they sleep in the same bed? Yes, and it had been strangely comfortable.

Did they do unspeakable things that should never be done in a cheap motel room shower? Yes, and also in the bed.

Did Cas wake up tucked into Dean's arms in a bed that was questionably clean and want to melt into a puddle because it was the most wonderful thing he had ever experienced in his life? Y E S AND HE STILL HAS NOT RECOVERED, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

He also wanted to throw up, but that fact had nothing to do with Dean, and everything to do with Naomi Milton.

So after taking another shower (alone this time, and one he'd desperately needed after last night), Cas started pacing.

He paced while Dean showered and got dressed. He paced while they checked out of the motel (Dean kept the room key). He paced throughout the Love's Truck Stop where they had stopped for breakfast while Dean bought more redbull and Cinnabuns from the standee in the corner of the store. 

He would've paced in the car as they started the two hour drive to Naomi's house, but it wasn't exactly possible to pace in a car so Cas just bounced his knee up and down and struggled to remember what he normally did with his hands.

Dean solved both of those issues in one go by grabbing Cas's hand in his own and resting them both on Cas's leg.

"It's going to be fine," He told him. "You don't have to be this nervous."

"Yes I do," Cas insisted. "Cause what if everything goes wrong? What if everything goes RIGHT? Oh god- Dean, what if she got remarried and has other kids and they have no idea she led this other life and by introducing myself I RUIN HER LIFE AND SHE HATES ME?" Dean squeezed his hand a little tighter.

"You're thinking about this too much, Cas, it's gonna drive you crazy. Just take your mind off of Naomi for awhile and you'll see that everything's gonna be okay. You're not gonna ruin her life."

"I've been considering the possibility of meeting her for months now, and it's actually happening today. What else am I supposed to think about?"

"There's plenty of things-"

"No I mean actually give me something, please, my brain is not capable of thinking outside the Naomi box unless forced." He laughed nervously. 

"Alright, um..." Dean frowned. "Puppies? Puppies are always nice." Cas sighed.

"What are you thinking about, Dean?"

"Me?"

"No, the guy in the Smart car in the lane next to us, yes you."

"Well I mean now I'm thinking about rolling down my window and screaming at smart car guy and asking him about his day-"

"DEAN."

"Alright, fine!" Dean paused. "I'm thinking about last night."

And just like that, all thoughts of Naomi were thrown out the window, likely tossed onto Smart car guy's windshield where they would blind him until he crashed his tiny car. Cas had to give it to him, Dean was nothing if not persuasive and effective.

"All good things, I hope," Cas said shyly. He certainly had nothing but nice things to say about last night. If helping the planet conserve water made him feel that good, then maybe he should think about joining an environment protection group.

"Of course, good things," Dean said, smiling softly. "It was amazing, it's just... kind of a big deal too."

"Yes it is," Cas admitted.

"So I guess I'm just wondering where you stand on it."

"What do you mean?"

"Like..." Dean squirmed a little. "Would you want to do that sort of thing again?" Cas stared at him.

"YES."

"Really?"

"DUH."

"Oh thank god, I was afraid you'd say no," Dean sighed in relief and they both laughed a little. "Cause I want to too. Like, a lot more."

"Me too."

"Good."

"Good...I mean we kind of have to."

"Oh?"

"I mean if it helps save the planet-" Dean burst out laughing.

"You realize that's going to be the excuse from now on, right?" He said. "I'll just yell to people that I have to go save the planet and then we'll have sex-" Cas laughed.

"Of course it's the excuse from now on, Dean, it's true! We're just...reducing our carbon footprint."

"Recycling." Dean offered.

"Sorting the paper from the plastic." Cas said.

"Conserving water!"

"Generating natural energy!"

"Planting trees!"

"Sharing resources!"

"Reducing our heating costs by creating our own."

"Saving the planet one finger at a time." Dean choked and swerved the car, he was laughing so hard. Cas was doubled over in the front seat, practically crying with laughter, and then it occurred to him.

It didn't matter if Naomi wanted him in her life or not. He already had family that loved him, and now...

Now he had Dean, who loved him just because he was him, and was willing to trek across the country at a moment's notice for him.

Their trip to Bismarck was barely even half over, but Cas was already positive it had been worth it.