Dance All Night

Ah, the homecoming dance. Such a momentous occasion in the life of a high school teenager.

At least, that's what the internet has led Chuck to believe. He skipped all the homecoming dances when he was in high school, and Lucifer and Chloe only went to prom, and Michael threatened to have a public mental breakdown if he had to go to any dances, so this was really the first time any of his kids were actually attending the dance.

Homecoming wasn't nearly as big as prom, of course. No limos, no $700 dresses, no dinner, but kids still liked to dress up a little bit.

So Gabriel and Cas had put on clean button down shirts (Gabriel had even added a clip on bowtie because BOWTIES ARE COOL, DAD), Anna was wearing a simple dress with fancy ass shoes she had stolen from Amara, Charlie was just wearing her normal flannel clad clothes, and as for Hannah and Balthazar....

Well, they hadn't yet emerged from their room, so Chuck wasn't sure what they were up to.

****

"I HAVE A SURPRISE!" Balthazar sang, waving two garment bags around.

"What are those?" Hannah demanded.

"So I got bored,"

"Naturally, we do live in a wheatfield."

"And I found this REAAAAALLLLLY nice fabric at that store we really like..." Hannah gasped. "SO I MADE US HOMECOMING OUTFITS."

"Oh my god."

"I KNOW AND THEY ACTUALLY TURNED OUT REALLY GOOD!"

"YOU MADE US CLOTHES!?!?!?"

"YES, I MADE DRESSES, TRY YOURS ON." He threw the garment bag at her and Hannah ran to get changed. She let out a delighted scream. "DOES IT FIT?"

"IT'S PERFECT!!!"

"GOOD CAUSE I HAVE A MATCHING ONE!"

"You made us TWIN HOMECOMING DRESSES BECAUSE YOU GOT BORED??"

"YES."

"....YOU ARE MY FAVORITE SIBLING EVER!"

"I KNOW!"

So after screaming more and modeling their dresses for each other for ages (they were a pretty turquoise color and slightly fancier than what most people would wear to a homecoming dance, but neither of them really cared), they ran downstairs.

"Check it out CHECK IT OUT!!!" Hannah yelled, her and Balthazar posing dramatically.

"You're matching!" Cas said, delighted. 

"Quick, who wears it better?" Michael asked. 

"Balthazar, he's got better hips," Lucifer said.

"HEY!" Hannah yelled.

"WHERE," Anna started. "DID YOU GET THOSE."

"You like?" Balthazar asked.

"I LOVE, I'M JEALOUS, I WANT."

"I made them."

"You made them?" Chuck echoed, surprised. 

"Yep!" Balthazar started dancing around, excited.

"How? We don't even have a sewing machine-"

"It was a labor of love, and totally worth it."

"Balth, they're beautiful. That's amazing."

"I KNOW."

The doorbell rang, and Charlie and Gabriel bolted for the door.

"Hello," Sam offered.