Full Circle

"What's he talking about?" Sam asked, glancing over at Gabriel, who was frozen, wide eyed, and quietly mouthing swear words. "Gabe?"

Cas buried his face in his hands, wanting to curl up in a ball and die. Sure, it wasn't like he and Gabriel had done something wrong by not telling the Winchesters about the dolls but at the same time...

 They had just quietly agreed to make sure they never found out about it, so there had to be something wrong with it, right? 

"Oh FUCK." Chuck repeated, slowly backing out of the room. "I'm sorry. I'm gonna go now. I am a horrible person." He hit the back of the stairs and stumbled before scrambling up them and into his room.

"Somebody want to explain what just happened?" Dean asked, raising an eyebrow. Cas and Gabriel exchanged a glance.

"You tell them," Gabriel said immediately. "You're better with words."

"Yeah but IT WAS YOUR IDEA IN THE FIRST PLACE!" Cas shot back.

"HEY I DIDN'T NAME THEM!"

"BUT YOU SUGGESTED THE BET!"

"AND YOU AGREED TO IT!"

"I DIDN'T THINK WE'D END UP HERE!"

"WELL NEITHER DID I BUT APPARENTLY GOD'S A DUMBASS SO HERE WE ARE!"

"God did this to us, damn him to hell."

"NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO QUOTE A STARKID MUSICAL."

"SHUT UP."

"What bet?" Sam asked. "What the hell is going on?"

"Wait," Dean frowned and turned to Cas. "Does this have something to do with the bet you and your brother made about asking us out?"

"The WHAT?" Sam demanded. Gabriel dove behind the couch in fear.

"You didn't know about that?" Dean asked.

"Know about WHAT?" Cas sighed.

"Just let us explain!" He said, taking a deep breath. "Gabriel get back here, you're not getting out of this that easily." Gabriel slowly popped up from behind the couch as Cas started. 

"This is gonna sound weird," Cas began. "But when Gabriel and I and the rest of our siblings were younger, we were all really into Barbies and G.I. Joes, and Dad liked that because they were relatively inexpensive, so he could get us them a lot. He liked to name the dolls when he gave them to us because, I don't know, that's what writers do."

"What does that have to do with us?" Sam asked. Gabriel made a face.

"One day Dad brought home two more G.I. Joes," Cas continued. "And he named them Sam and Dean Winchester, and they happen to look a lot like you guys." The Winchesters paused.

"Well that's a creepy coincidence," Dean muttered.

"And for some reason they became our favorites," Gabriel went on. "We used to fight Michael and Lucifer for them until they outgrew the toys, but we played with them for years, even when Anna ripped Dean's arm off- man that sounds weird to say now."

"And I fixed that," Cas reminded him.

"Wait," Dean said, realization hitting him. "So that day I came over and you were freaking out about the G.I. Joe I found in your room...Was that-"

"YEP!" Cas admitted.

"Why didn't you just tell me then?"

"Because we had like just met and I thought it would be insanely creepy!" Dean paused.

"Okay, yeah, it would have been-"

"SEE?"

"And so," Gabriel said. "When you two showed up at school with the same names, the same looks, we kinda....panicked."

"Freaked out is more accurate," Cas insisted. "And then Gabriel said that because of all the coincidences you two had to be our soulmates, and we made a bet to ask you guys out, and I won."

"ONLY BECAUSE HANNAH INTERFERED!" Gabriel yelled. 

"And because Gabriel is a sore loser, we made a second bet to see who could get one of you two as a boyfriend first, and Gabriel won."

"You bet on our relationship?" Sam echoed. Gabriel begged the floor to swallow him whole. It didn't. Stupid freaking sinkholes always in the wrong places at the wrong times-

"Are you in another bet right now?" Dean asked. They shook their heads.

"No," Cas insisted. "We agreed no more after the boyfriend thing."

"I understand if you want me to curl up in a ditch and die," Gabriel said quietly. Sam stared at him.

"We'll see." He said. Gabriel laughed nervously.

"THat wasn't a no, Samsquatch-"

"No it was not."

"Are you mad?" Cas asked. Dean thought for a minute.

"Would you still have dated us if our names were different?" He asked.

"HELL YEAH," Gabriel declared. "Have you SEEN this moose?" Sam facepalmed.

"Cas?" Dean questioned. Cas made a face.

"Honestly?" He said. "I am a horrible awkward person, so without the need for the bet, I likely would have spent the entire year hopelessly crushing on you without the nerve to ever ask you out sooooo..."

"So really this was a good thing," Dean concluded. "Because it got you to ask me out." Cas grinned.

"Well when you look at it that way, I guess so."

"Then I'm not mad."

"Really?"

"Really, I mean after all," Dean grinned. "You did help me save the planet. Multiple times." Cas went red and started laughing. Dean quickly followed, both of them ignoring the confused looks from Sam and Gabriel.

"So Sammich," Gabriel said. "Do you forgive me?" Sam thought for a moment.

"I haven't decided," He admitted. "I think I'll keep you on your toes for awhile."

"WHAT."

"Oh yeah, definitely going to keep you in suspense."

"But that's CRUEL!"

"I know." Gabriel pouted.

"...Are we still going on a date next week?"

"Definitely."

"Okay good."

"Anymore questions?" Cas asked.

"Can we see the dolls?" Sam said.

Of course they could.

And so, to Cas and Gabriel's eternal cringe,

Sam and Dean Winchester, the humans, met Sam and Dean Winchester, the dolls.