Three: Best Behaviour

Start from the beginning

"I already look good." I said to him sternly and scoffed, "I only put on makeup when I feel like I need to. And right now, I don't feel that way."

The man scoffed right back at me once I spoke, seemingly not even surprised by my response as he sat down in the empty seat beside me and pulled out a script from one of his bags.

"Here." he breathed out, handing me the script that had been given to him as soon as we arrived, "Go through it."

After he told me which scenes the director wanted me to go over and memorise, I plugged in my ears and zoned out as I let myself get immersed in the work.

I had to admit, the script wasn't bad it was pretty good, but I couldn't help but still feel just a bit annoyed after finding out that I was one of the two options for the male lead that the director had in mind.

Jungwoo tried to explain to me that this was a good thing since Director Wang never seemed to anybody that he didn't see any potential in his own projects.

He was always very careful when it came to his work.

I know that what Jungwoo was saying was true and that I was in fact lucky to have even gotten scouted by such an icon, but what really baffled me was that Mr Wang had taken options for the male lead and not the female lead.

I had no idea how exactly Jungwoo got a hold of this piece of information, but somehow he did, which only annoyed me more.

I had no idea who the other option was and who exactly the female lead we were getting paired with would end up being.

Quite some time went by before I was eventually called out to the main room where the casting was going to happen.

When I walked in, I was quite shocked to see a familiar face seated at the table with the production team. Right next to the director.

She seemed to have recognised me as well as soon as our gazes locked and she discreetly lifted her hand up to wave at me shortly.

I gave her a curt nod before looking away and getting led further across the room.

"Ms Park, the two actors we'll be pairing you with are Kim Taehyung and Lee Taeyong." I heard the director say to Jia after I had walked and looked away from her, "They both fit well with the description of the male lead and have very similar personalities to him."