Chapter 89

Auriah

Voldemort led his troops back towards Hogwarts, parading proudly as Hagrid followed behind carrying a lifeless Harry.

I had no idea how the hell I was going to make sure Harry stayed alive, but I knew between the two of us we could do it.

Harry was my second chance at love and he had just been given a second chance at life. There was no doubt in my mind that we were meant to be together.

As we approached the castle I saw Neville and Ginny standing amongst the rumble. Other students, professors and the remaining order members trailed behind them, anxiously watching us approach them.

"Harry Potter is dead." Voldemort's voice boomed over the ramshackled courtyard.

I spotted Ron and Hermione near the front of the crowd. Their faces crumbled as they heard the news.

Hermione let out a cacophonous scream and lunged towards us. Ron quickly grabbed her and pulled her back just as Voldemort sent a blast in her direction.

"Stupid girl." Voldemort sneered. "Harry Potter is dead. From this day on you put your faith in me."

Everyone stared back at him, too heartbroken and terrified to respond. I cast a glance at Harry, he remained perfectly still.

Part of me worried that my eyes had deceived me earlier and he really was dead.

I shifted my eyes away from Harry, I couldn't keep looking at him like that. My gaze met Hermione's who was watching me carefully.

I wanted to give her a sigh to assure her that Harry was okay, but I couldn't. It was too risky. Harry's life was on the line.

Voldemort turned to address me and all his followers.

"Harry Potter is dead!" He repeated for what seemed like the hundredth time.

The Death Eaters all let out a collective song of laughter and celebration. I forced myself to push out a chuckle, my eyes still locked with Hermione's.

The look of utter confusion drifted across her face. She couldn't make sense of how I could laugh as Harry laid dead in Hagrid's arms right beside me.

Voldemort joined into the song with an ugly laugh as his own before continuing to speak.

"Now is the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us..." He held his arms wide open in invitation, "or die."

No one dared to step forward.

The silence was interrupted when a large snap accompanied by a dark cloud of smoke filled the air.

In the center of both groups appeared Lia and Yaxley.

My sister's eyes seemed eerily snake-like and identical to her father's as she fixed her outraged glare upon me.

As she shifted her eyes on to Draco who was only a few steps behind me I swear I saw her eyes start to glow red.

Yaxley smiled at me triumphantly, I hadn't even realized he had left. I should have realized Yaxley would have suspected I wasn't Lia. He was now the only living person who had known us our entire lives.

Voldemort's gloating smile vanished as he looked between Lia and I.

"What is this trickery?" He roared, flying towards me with his wand aimed at my throat.

"Auriah has attempted to trick you, my Lord." Yaxley explained.

"Although it appears her attempts were unsuccessful given the current circumstance." Lia laughed as she threw her gaze over to Harry.