Chapter 25

Auriah 

The next day I led Harry and a few of the other DA members to Room of Requirement. The small cozy room I was used to was now a large empty room with high ceilings. It was the perfect secret place for us to have our lessons.

Earlier that morning Umbridge had announced that all student organizations were prohibited. Convenient timing, someone must have tipped her off about our meeting at Hogs Head. We had to be extra careful not to get caught.

I helped Harry plan what to teach and a few days later we brought the rest of the group to the room. Everyone was sworn to secrecy and we trusted everyone. I wasn't thrilled that Cho was part of the group but even though I disliked her I didn't want her to be unable to defend herself.

The first few lessons went well, everyone listened to Harry and managed to learn a lot. I was surprised when Ginny took my advice on her wand flourish. It was weird to be the advanced one in the class. In Yaxley's lessons, Aurelia was always ten steps ahead.

I was actually excited to go to these secret meetings, I had made lots of new friends. Their company was a welcome distraction from my sad Cedric thoughts. Except for the day we practiced casting Patronus Charms.

Harry had demonstrated his, Hermione and Ron had both produced beautiful Patronuses. When it was my turn I tried to think of a happy memory. I shut my eyes and thought about my time with Cedric. I thought back to when we solved the egg clue, when we snuck off into the Room Of Requirement for the first time, and when he told me he loved me.

 But the memory of Harry returning in tears and Harry's dream of Yaxley killing Cedric took over my mind much too easily. I couldn't make anything come out of my wand, Hermione smiled at me with pity.

A few days later I was about to leave Umbridge's useless DADA class when she asked my sister and I to stay behind. Lately she had been questioning students about any suspicious activity. I figured we were going to be questioned as well but I didn't know why we were asked together.

Anyone with eyes could see that Lia and I didn't do anything together, we were worlds apart.

"Girls." Umbridge clasped her hands in front of her and smiled at us as we approached. "As you may know the students at this school are struggling to follow the rules. I need help making sure that everyone is doing what they should."

She reached into her pink blazer pocket and pulled out two shiny silver pins that were shaped in the letter I.

"I would like you girls to lead my new Inquisitorial Squad. You will be in charge of enforcing my rules. How does that sound?"

"Yes that sounds great." My sister responded. I knew there was no way my sister would turn down having extra power around the school, as if being a prefect wasn't enough for her.

I, on the other hand wanted no part of Umbridge's insane little squad. Her rules were ridiculous, why would I want to enforce them.

"I'm sorry professor, I just want to focus on studying for my O.W.Ls." I explained.

Her cheery fake smiled waivered for a second. "Oh no worries. Miss.Izar, could you ask Mr. Malfoy if he would be interested in leading with you."

"Oh I know he would be honored." My sister batted her dark long lashes at the professor.

"Fantastic." Umbridge clapped again. She let us go and my sister immediately ran off to find her boyfriend.

I went to find my friends and I told them about Umbridge's new firing squad.