Chapter 77

Aurelia 

When I walked into the Malfoy drawing room the first thing I saw was Bellatrix pinning Hermione Granger to the ground.

"Aurelia," Bella looked up. "This girl has been carrying around the Sword of Gryffindor, the sword that is meant to be in your vault."

"What." My heart dropped.

Had the mudblood broken into my fault? The sword was the least of my worries, I had much more valuable things in there and Bella knew that. I stormed over and towered over her. "What else did you take, Granger?"

"I didn't take anything, please." Granger cried, starfished and crushed by Bella.

"Granger?" Bella repeated. "Isn't that Potter's mudblood friend?"

"Yes, she is." I said dismissively.

"I didn't take a thing." Hermione repeated, I didn't believe her.

"Find out what else she took, I'll be back."

I ran out of the room where Riah, Draco and Theo were waiting. Riah looked anxious and the two wizards looked as if they would rather be anywhere besides next to each other.

"Theo, get the goblin." I instructed my husband. There was still a chance my vault had been untouched and the one in Granger's possession was a fake.

"You filthy mudblood!" Bellatrix's voice boomed through the door. It was followed by a blood curdling scream, Granger's scream.

"Lia, please." My sister was sobbing. "Please, help her. She doesn't deserve this tourture."

During my three years of Hogwarts I had never had a pleasant encounter with Granger. She was a muggle born and an insufferable know it all, I kept my distance.

But the pain in my sister's eyes put together with Granger's bone chilling screams were enough for me to pity the girl. She was just a girl, after all.

I went back into the room to put a stop to Bellatrix's torture. When I walked in Bella was holding the enchanted knife she kept in her garter at all times. Granger's arm was exposed and blood ran down her pale skin.

"Enough, Bella!" I barked, the witch instantly backed off. "Don't touch her again unless I say so." Bella nodded obediently, knowing my temper was similar to that of my father's.

The door opened and Theo came in dragging Griphook along. I could see Riah trying to push back Mulciber, trying to get into the room. Draco was trying to pull her back and the site of his hands on her made me insanely jealous.

"Let them in. Go check on the other prisoners" I instructed Mulciber. Riah didn't have her magic so letting her comfort her friend wouldn't do any harm.

Wormtail stepped aside and allowed the two to pass. Riah ran to Hermione's side and pulled her friend into her arms. Draco watched, he looked shaky and pale.

Theo on the other hand looked as if he took pleasure Crucioing the goblin.

"Theo, stop. I need him to be conscious enough to answer questions." I reprimanded him. Theo stopped and released the elf. "Griphook, is this the real sword."

I handed it to him and his face paled.

"Yes." He responded.

"HOW DID IT GET OUT OF HER VAULT?" Bellatrix shrieked, blasting him with a crucio.

"Bella!" I shot her a nasty look. Tourture was not the answer to everything, I had a better solution. I pulled out a small flask of Veritaserum, which I kept in my pockets at all times, and forced it down his throat. "Answer the question, Griphook."