Chapter 13

Auriah

I was a nervous wreck as I got ready for the ball, thinking about the millions of ways I could embarrass myself in front of the whole school.

The dress Aunt Helena picked out for me was better than anything I could have imagined. The dress was a pale pink ball gown with embroidered white and pink flowers blooming on the skirt and bodice. The shoes in the box were white heels with beautiful gold flowers climbing up the back. My mother's golden ring that my father sent completed the outfit perfectly, it was a small eagle. My mother had always had a fondness for eagles. 

Hannah Abbott, a girl in my dorm that I was friendly with, offered to help me do my hair. Her wand made my naturally frizzy curly hair contort into perfect ringlets. She asked if I wanted to add any braids or twists but I just wanted to keep it simple.

At 7:25 I made my way to meet Harry outside the Hufflepuff common room

At 7:25 I made my way to meet Harry outside the Hufflepuff common room. I opened the common room door to find Harry and Cedric talking. The both turned to look at me as I walked out.

"Wow." Harry breathed. Cedric was silent but his eyes were stuck on me. I felt my entire body flush in embarrassment. Cedric was looking as handsome as ever in his dress robes. His hair was gelled down showing off his bright eyes.

Harry was also in similar dress robes but his hair was its usual shaggy mess. He looked like a child next to Cedric who towered over him.

"We should go." I suggested to Harry after a few uncomfortable minutes of silence. Harry awkwardly held out his arm for me and we mumbled our goodbyes to Cedric.

When we got to the great hall it was nearly unrecognizable. There were giant white Christmas trees that sparkled all throughout the room and long shimmering icicles dangling from the ceiling.  Several tables with white table cloths and extravagant ice sculpture centerpieces were set up. A piano made out of ice played beautiful elegant music.

Harry and I made our way to Ron who was standing with his Ravenclaw date, Padma Patil. The two weren't talking at all, I felt sorry for her. I had to hold back my laughter when I noticed Ron's brown ruffled traditional dress robes.

"Here you are Mr. Potter." Professor McGonagall rushed over to us frantically. "Are you and Miss.Izar ready?"

Harry and I exchanged puzzle glances.

"Ready?" Harry asked.

"To dance." McGonagall said. "It's traditional that the three champions, well in this case four, are the first to dance."

I started to feel faint. Harry didn't look that well either. McGonagall ushered us into a room where Fleur and her date, a Ravenclaw boy, were already waiting.

"Auriah! You look beautiful." Hermione entered the room with Viktor Krum at her side.

"So do you!" I rushed to give her a hug, thankful she was in here with me. She had a beautiful dress with various shades of blue ruffles all along the skirt and a silk periwinkle ribbon around her waist.