Chapter 41

Auriah

Harry didn't show up to dinner and Dumbledore wasn't there either, so I figured they were still together.

I was skeptical of their private meetings, I felt like Dumbledore was hiding something from Harry. But that could have been because of the seeds of mistrust towards Dumbledore, embedded in me by Yaxley.

I saw Harry after dinner on his way to the Gryffindor Dorms.

"Harry, hi." I walked up to him, feeling a rush of blood towards my cheeks as his dark eyes settled on me.

"Hey." He sounded exhausted.

"How was your meeting with Dumbledore?" I asked, taking a seat on a bench. Harry sat down next to me.

"He showed me... he showed me Voldemort as a boy." Harry told me, he sounded like he was still in utter disbelief.

"Oh." I replied, not expecting to hear about my father.

Harry told me about the orphanage he was at and how Dumbledore had brought him to Hogwarts. A story I knew well.

"Dumbledore said he got close with Slughorn." Harry told me.

That I didn't know.

"Slughorn? Is there a reason Dumbledore brought him back?" I started to feel anxious.

Anything involving my father and the plethora of surprises he constantly bestowed upon me, made me like I was going to have a panic attack.

"I don't know but Dumbledore wants me to get close to him."

"Interesting." I murmured. I thought back to the summer, I couldn't recall any mentions of Slughorn but I also wasn't heavily involved in Death Eater business.

If Dumbledore wanted Harry to get close to the man then he must have had a plan of some sort. I hoped that Dumbledore wasn't the incompenant old man my family believed him to be. I hoped he had a plan to put a stop to my father. 

Draco

Lia laid on my queen sized bed with her eyes shut. Her hair was crazy, flying in every direction. She also had some drool coming out of the corner of her mouth, but she was still hotter than every single witch at Hogwarts.

My father had paid extra for me to have a private room this year. Lia was offered one but being the social butterfly she was, she wanted to stay with her friends.

She planned to come to my room when she wanted to get away from them anyway.

That night she had snuck out of her room and slept with me. It felt nice to have her asleep in my arms again as if we were back at the manor.

I tried to sleep but with Lia by my side I could only think about what her father had instructed me to do. A job I wasn't certain I was capable of doing.

I wanted to fall asleep with her next to me every night for the rest of my life, but Theo could easily take that away from me. The thought of Theo lying next to her made my blood boil and all I could think about was mending the cabinet.

After making sure Lia was dead asleep I slipped out of the bed and threw on my quidditch jumper. My door made a small noise as I opened it but Lia didn't wake up.

I made my way to the Room of Hidden Things, where the broken cabinet had been stored by Filch.

When I got there I found the cabinet easily, it was quite large and stood out amongst the random trinkets.

I took out the parchment that had the mending instructions from Borgin written down. He warned me that it would take a while for it to be fully repaired but I was determined to fix it sooner rather than later.

I had to beat Theo. 

Lia was mine.