Chapter 1

Aurelia

"Do you have everything you need?" Aunt Helena asked me with her dark eyes full of worry. We had never been apart for more than a week at most in my entire life.

"Yes." I rolled my eyes at her. I was fourteen but she treated me like a little girl.

"And you," She turned to my twin sister, Auriah. "Is there anything else I need to get for you?"

"Don't worry Aunt Helena we have everything we need and we will be okay. We're ready for this."  My sister told her, shooting me a "be nice" look. She was the more tolerant one out of us two.

I looked at the packed trunks in front of me, feeling more and more excitement. This was it, we finally got to be around regular wizards and witches our age. No more endless days with only my sister to keep me company. My sister and I would be attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

A dark presence entered the room, reminding me the real reason we were leaving.

Corban Yaxley, our trainer, teacher and handler. He and my aunt raised us, not cohesively though. Yaxley and Aunt Helena hated each other but my father had assigned them to care for us in his absence.

"Remember what you need to do, Auriah." Yaxley said with cold dead eyes. "If you want your father to return you must do everything I say.

I looked over at my twin who nodded obediently, every part of me wanted her to succeed. I wanted my father back. I wanted Voldemort to rise once again.

Auriah

As I quickly walked down Platform 9 ¾, I turned around to see my sister, as confident as ever, strutting towards the train with her tawny brown naturally curled locks bouncing with each step. We were running late and Aunt Helena and I were in a panicked frenzy but Lia looked unphased.

The parents and young children waving at their children and siblings through the windows of the train turned to look at her, something I had grown accustomed to every time we were in public. Though we both shared the almost the exact same face people always stared at her, the way she carried herself made it hard to look away. I always thought Lia was more beautiful because her cheek didn't carry the small angry scar that mine had.

Lia had worn her brand new dark green silk blouse with lace sleeves, black jeans and knee high black leather boots. She had used a big chunk of our inheritance from our maternal grandparents to get the outfit. The Izar family vault wasn't the largest but Lia wanted a new outfit and Aunt Helena rarely ever told her no.

My outfit was much simpler and much cheaper. I had sewn myself a light pink sundress with a square neckline out of fabric Aunt Helena had brought back from one of her monthly visits to Spain. The dress was simple but pretty. 

Lia and I were not the type of sisters that shared clothes, our styles were much too different. She liked to stand out and outshine everyone around her, and I just like things that made me feel good. Our aunt always used to say I was a pearl and Lia was a diamond, both pretty but extremely different.

My sister put a lot of thought into her appearance, but she could have been wearing a garbage bag and people would still gawk at her.

We both climbed on to the train with one last wave at our Aunt Helena who was waving at us tearfully. Lia started to look for a compartment to sit in. If I knew my sister she was probably looking for Theo, the boy she had been obsessed with for years. I was about to follow her down the hall but she turned around with annoyance in her face.

"Go find him." She snapped. "Do what Yaxley says." Lia treated Yaxley's every command as if he were the King of England, he could tell her to jump off a cliff and she would with a willing smile.