Chapter 4

Aurelia

I was determined to make my first full day at Hogwarts a success. I woke up before all the other girls in the dormitory and took extra time getting ready.

 I was thankful for the mandatory uniform we had to wear. The other girls in my dorm were from rich pureblood families, they had trunks full of expensive clothes and jewelry. My wardrobe looked like rags compared to theirs but I would rather die than let them know that, especially Pansy. The first chance I had to go to Hogsmeade I would get a complete new wardrobe. I didn't care if I had to empty out every galleon my mother's parents had left me.

Soon the other girls started to wake up and get dressed, it was almost showtime. I was glad I got to share a dorm with Daphne but unfortunately Pansy was also in our dorm. Our fourth girl was a short haired witch named Tracey Davis, who seemed nice but talked too much.

Luckily the blue eyed girl, June, wasn't in our dorm. Daphne said she was a year below us. She didn't know much else about June though, Daphne claimed she didn't pay attention to younger students. Pansy muttered that it was because Daphne was too self involved. She was pretty though, in a sweet, girl next door type of way.

Daphne asked me to help her braid her hair and I happily obliged, the more I got to know her the more I grew to like her. She was the type of friend I always wanted. One that I could gossip with about boys and clothes, something I couldn't do with Riah. 

The two of us compared schedules. We had our first class together which was a perk. We stopped in the common room to meet up with the boys before going to the Great Hall for breakfast. Tracey tagged along since Daphne seemed to be her only friend. 

Draco was sitting on one of the emerald colored velvet armchairs in the common room lip locked with Pug Face. I hadn't the slightest idea why he was attracted to her.

We walked over to Blaise who was standing nearby talking to Theo. I gave Theo a hug and smiled at Blaise. Theo left his arm around my shoulder and leaned down to kiss the top of my head, butterflies filled my stomach.

After we talked last night I was happy he had been honest with me, I just wanted things to be the way they were when we were younger. 

"Hey." Draco appeared next to me Pansy dangling from his arm like a toddler.

"Taking an oxygen break?" I teased. Draco released a little chuckle and looked at the ground. Pansy smirked at me as if I should have been jealous.

Based on first impressions out of everyone I liked Draco the most, not including Theo obviously. I could tell Draco was similar to me, confident, headstrong, and a bit bossy. He seemed to be the unofficial leader of the group, no one did anything without his say so.

"I'm starving, let's go eat." Pansy annoyingly whined. Daphne and I shared an eye roll. Daphne said the group only tolerated Puggy because she was attached to Draco.

The six of us made our way to the Great Hall where Crabbe and Goyle were saving us seats. Draco and Pug Face hung behind and Theo and Daphne were slightly ahead wrapped up in a debate over something I could care less about.

 Blaise walked next to me, at 6'7 he towered over 5'5 me. He asked me about my sister, careful not to mention her recent house placement.

Auriah was a tough person to explain. Yaxley always saw her as weak and timid. My aunt always said she was her little delicate flower. To me, my sister was more capable than anyone gave her credit for. She was careful, caring and calculating (in a good way). She put thought into her actions and words rather than explode freely like I do.