Chapter 24

Auriah

"Auriah, can we talk." Harry walked up to me sitting alone in the courtyard. It had been a few days since my outburst in class, my friends had kept their distance.

"Sure." I replied, avoiding eye contact. Those dark green eyes haunted my nightmares, I didn't need to see them during the day as well.

"I'm sorry I brought up Cedric, I know his death has been hard for you." Harry spoke gently.

"It's alright." I replied. "I know it's been hard for you too."

"Every time I close my eyes I see him die all over again." He confided. I wanted to tell him the exact same thing happened to me but he couldn't know I broke into his dream.

"It's not something you forget." I sighed.

"Do you believe that it was Voldemort who killed him?" Harry asked, I froze at the question.

"Harry-."

"Please, believe me. It was him." Harry grabbed my arms and his green eyes stared into my soul.

"I can't." I grabbed my stuff as fast as possible and ran.

I found myself in front of the room of requirement. I stepped into the room that I hadn't been in since last year with Cedric. The room seemed colder now. My tears flowed uncontrollably as I sank onto the floor. I threw my books angrily across the room.

I hated Cedric for going into that maze. I hated Yaxley for killing him. I hated Harry for never letting me forget. And I hated my father most of all. None of this would have happened if it wasn't for him. For years all I wanted was my father back but now that he was I regretted every second I had wished for his return.

Aurelia 

Daphne was smart enough to beg for my forgiveness the day after my altercation with her sister.

She valued our friendship and knew if she was out of our group life at Hogwarts would be miserable. She promised that her sister wouldn't say anything to the headmaster about my illegal use of magic, not that I really cared.

I decided to give her a second chance, but I knew I had to be careful about trusting her.

The next few days of school were typical. I reveled in the fact that so many people hated Potter for spreading 'lies' about my father, the more people who hated him the happier I was.

Professor Umbridge seemed to hate him the most. She was extremely annoying but I liked the way she treated Harry, she was one of the few teachers that didn't bend over backwards for him. He had  gotten three detentions from her already.

My sister had continued to isolate herself more and more as the days went by. She occasionally was spotted with Luna but other than that she was alone, making no effort with Potter's Golden Trio. I knew that Yaxley would find out she was neglecting her assigned task yet again so I decided to talk to her before he did.

After lunch I went to talk to her in the halls but I found her with Adrian and Graham. The horny pricks were starting to get on my nerves.

"Now that Diggory's out of the way why don't we hang out sometime." I heard Adrian say to her.

"You must be really good in bed if you had a sixth year shagging you." Graham laughed.

"Or really bad. So bad he had to go and get himself killed to get away from you." Adrian smirked.

"Fuck off." I inserted myself in front of my sister, in full defense mode.

"Ooo Lia, come to join us?" Graham grabbed my ass.