Chapter 8

Aurelia

I opened my eyes and found myself against the glass window of the astronomy tower next to Draco. I had fallen asleep on Draco's shoulder. Our robes covered us like blankets. My movement must have woken him because he started to shift.

"What time is it?" Draco asked sleepily, his eyes squinted against the harsh sunlight that flooded the room.

"Oh bloody hell. It's already breakfast time." I looked at the giant clock on the wall.

The two of us scrambled to stand up and brush the creases from yesterday's robes. I ran a hand through my hair in an attempt to brush out the knots. I couldn't help but laugh as I looked at Draco's usually smooth, sleek hair sticking up in every direction. I reached over to fix his hair and our eyes locked, blissful smiles were on both our faces. He took a step forward and grabbed my waist, my hands moved from his hair to his shoulders. Our heads shifted closer and closer and I watched his eyelids gently close. All of a sudden I became much too aware of the situation.

Theo was a cheater but I wasn't, I took a step away. Draco retracted his hands in surprise.

"We should go before breakfast is over." I quickly picked up my robe from the ground.

"Uh, yeah." Draco mumbled as he went to pick up his own robe. I could tell he was embarrassed but he tried to hide it under a cool exterior.

"I had a great night." I said softly, he offered a smile back but it didn't reach his eyes.

We made our way to the great hall in awkward silence. I hoped that Dumbledore wasn't making another speech and everyone was just eating so they wouldn't notice Draco and I slipping in.

It wasn't my lucky day because the second Draco pushed opened the door the whole room went silent and hundreds of eyes turned to stare at us. This was the second time the two of us would be walking in late in less than 24 hours, I knew there would be questions.

I glanced at Draco who was looking down and trying to contain a smile. We made our way to our seats and Dumbledore cleared his throat then continued on with his speech, something about entering names in the Goblet of Fire. Daphne stared at me wide eyed with a cheeky smile plastered on her face as I sat next to her. I avoided making eye contact with anyone until Dumbledore finally shut up.

The second Dumbledore sat down in his chair Daphne started blasting out questions.

"Wherewereyouallnight?WereyouwithDraco?Iwassoworriedabout you!" Her words came out so fast I could barely understand her.

I didn't have a chance to ask her what she meant because Theo had pushed the third year sitting on the other side of me out of the way and took their spot.

"Where the hell were you? I was waiting for you for so long." He asked, his eyes hard with anger.

"I was busy." I shrugged. "I never told you I was actually going to meet you."

"Lia, please, I actually just wanted to talk to you." Theo insisted, desperation in his voice.

"So then talk."

"Not here, not now." He said with a nod towards the people around us who were clearly eavesdropping.

We finished our breakfast in a rushed awkward silence. I felt Draco's eyes on me but I didn't dare look his way. When we were both done I followed Theo out into the hall where we were alone.

"Lia, I know what happened yesterday looks bad but trust me, it's not. I thought our relationship was casual, and I hadn't seen you in so long..."