Chapter 9

Aurelia

"Harry Potter." Dumbledore called for the third time, angrier than he had been the last few times.

Finally Harry stood up and walked to stand with Viktor, Fleur and Cedric.

"Cheater ." Someone from the Slytherin table yelled.

"He's not even seventeen." A Ravenclaw boy shouted.

Without another word the three headmasters ushered the champions out of the room. Food appeared on the table, none of the other professors made a move to address what had just happened.

The hall erupted with chatter, everyone wanted to know how Harry entered in the tournament.

"That bloody pillock thinks he's all that. He can't let anyone else have the spot light for a single second." I heard Draco mutter to Crabbe, referring to Harry. 

Draco and Theo sat on opposite sides of the table, still angry at each other. Draco tried to talk to me before the feast but I told him I couldn't. I knew my sister was going to be upset when she found out about Cedric, the charm I had cast on him convinced him it was his life's dream to be a Triwizard Champion.

I saw my sister slip out of the great hall, all the professors were too busy discussing among themselves to notice. Without a second thought I left to follow her. I caught Theo's eye on my way out, questioning in his eyes.

When he stood up to follow me I shook my head no but he wasn't taking it for an answer.

"I can't talk to you right now, Theo." I called behind me as I ran down the hall looking for my sister.

"Please Lia." He begged chasing after me.

"I need to find Auriah."

"Let me help you." He took out his wand. I stopped to see what he was going to do. "Appare Vestigium."

A trail of amber light flowed from the tip of his wand down the hallway to the right.

"Now we follow the path." He continued to move.

We followed the path to the Owlery where my sister was furiously writing a letter.

"What are you doing?" I snatched the letter from her hand.

"Writing to Yaxley. Give it back." She tried and failed to grab it back, her eyes were full of tears.

"You're begging him to leave Cedric alone?" I read the first line on the letter. "Ri, we don't beg. Yaxley will be more inclined to hurt him if you sent this."

"Please Lia, he's innocent I can't have him get hurt."

"Why do you care so much about him, don't you understand you need to focus on Harry."

"He's special. I understand what I need to do but I can't have him hurt because of me."

"This is what you need to do." I sighed and placed the letter back down in front of her. "Tell Yaxley that you promise to stay away from him and spend 100% of your time doing what Father wants."

My sister nodded and started to write, tears dripping on the page.

"You have to actually stay away from him. You never know if Yaxley's watching." It broke my heart to see my sister so heartbroken but we both knew that this was the only chance she had at keeping Cedric safe.

She finished writing the letter and gave it to our black-banded owl, Strix. We watched as he carried the letter out the window.

I turned to Theo, who I almost forgot was there. "I'm going to walk Riah back to her dorms. I'll meet you in the common room in a bit okay."