Chapter 56

Auriah

After we put our clothes back on and fixed our hair, Harry and I made our way to the great hall for dinner.

When we got to the bottom of the stairs I saw Lia walking down the hall carrying a basket of food. Her eyes were puffy and red. When she saw us her eyes flashed with rage.

I expected her to lunge at Harry or curse him but instead her eyes were fixed on me.

"Your skirt's on backwards and you missed a button." She said dryly, emptiness in her eyes.

I looked down at my clothes and saw she was right. I quickly adjusted my skirt and fixed my button. When I looked up she was gone. I looked at Harry and saw the guilt return to his face.

"Come on, let's get some food." I pulled him along.

"Did you guys do it?" Ron came up behind us.

"What?" Harry asked, wide eyes.

"Hide the book?" Hermione asked, appearing at my side.

"Oh, yeah." Harry replied as I held in a giggle. 

Aurelia

"I can't believe that bitch." I sighed, taking a seat next to Draco. He had finally woken up, thank Salazar.

"Who?" Draco asked, sitting up slowly in the hospital bed.

"Auriah." I grumbled. "She's literally fucking the enemy. Harry nearly killed you and she doesn't give a flapping fuck."

"Lia, calm down darling." Draco reached over and grabbed my hand. "They'll get what they deserve."

"I hope so." I replied, lifting the basket of food I brought onto the bed. "Anyways, here you go. Dinner straight from the kitchen."

"Bless you." Draco grinned, stuffing his face with food.

The two of us ate together and for a moment I was grateful Draco had been attacked. We were finally able to have time together where he wasn't obsessing over the cabinet.

Later that evening after Draco had fallen back asleep I went up to the room of hidden things. With Draco not there to stop me I could finally try to help him with the cabinet.

I couldn't help but think about what Bella had said about his heart not being in it. I knew Draco loved me and would do anything for me but I also knew he was a better person that I was.

He didn't grow up the same way I did. His soul wasn't damaged like mine.

Auriah

"I wonder if Slughorn is wondering why you're failing potions all of a sudden." Ron teased Harry as the three of us headed to Divination class. Hermione hated Divination and refused to take the class.

"I'm not doing that poorly." Harry rolled his eyes at his friend.

"Mate, without the book you're as bad as I am." Ron scoffed.

"My eyebrows were not dyed purple last class." Harry pointed out. Ron blushed at this mention of his mishap.

"Where'd you hide the book anyways?" Ron asked me, trying to change the subject.

"If I told you then hiding it would be pointless." I shook my head at Ron's stupidity.

"I bet I can guess where it is." Ron grinned. "It's in the Chamber of Secrets, isn't it."

"The Chamber of Secrets?" I asked, that sounded like some kind of sex club or lingerie store.

"You don't know about it? Your fa-" Harry threw a warning look at Ron. "You Know Who possessed Ginny to open it during our second year."

"Salazar Slytherin created it." Harry added.

The two boys explained what happened with my father's diary and the basilisk that lived in it that killed muggle borns. They weren't the best story tellers so I was very confused.

"Wait so how did you open it?" I when they finished poorly explaining.

"Harry here speaks Parseltongue." Ron told me.

"Parseltongue!" I gasped quietly with realization. I stopped walking and turned around, heading to my dorm.

The boys followed behind me, unsure what was going on.

When I got to my room I lifted my mattress and pulled out my sister's journal. The boys entered the room a bit later since they needed to lower the anti-male wards. They walked in while I turned the book into a box.

"ha-esha sha he sha shaaaaa." I spoke clearly. The lock on the box started to unlock.

"Bloody hell, Riah." Ron gaped. "You're a Parselmouth too?"

Harry gave Ron a look, and rolled his eyes. I was literally the descendant of Salazar Slytherin, it would be surprising if I wasn't one.

"What's inside the box?" Harry asked.

"This." I lifted the lid and took out the vial of Felix Felicis. The boy's eyes went wide.

"How did you get that?" Ron took the vial from me and inspected it.

"I stole it from Lia." I admitted. "Trust me it's better in our hands then hers."

"Bloody hell."

"I want you to have it." I said to Harry.

"Me?"

"Use it to get Slughorn to reveal the original memory."

"Riah, you're amazing." Harry grinned ear to ear, taking the vial from Ron.

"Take it now!" Ron pushed.

"Um, we should probably plan it out first." I pointed out.

"You're right." Harry agreed. "We need a plan." 

Aurelia 

"Ow, be gentle you oafs." Draco snapped at Crabbe and Goyle who were trying to help him get out of the hospital bed.

It had been a week and Madame Pomfry said Draco could leave the hospital wing. Aside from a few scars, Draco was back to normal but he was milking his injury in typical Draco fashion.

"Lia, I'm still feeling a bit sore. I was thinking we should skip dinner and relax in my dorm." He wiggles his blonde eyebrows.

"Can I come?" Blaise smirked from beside me.

"Fuck off, Blaise." Draco scowled jokingly.

I loved seeing his playful side again. I missed old Draco. Draco before he was tasked with murder.

"I don't know... you are still quite delicate." I pretended to be worried.

"I'm fine, see." Draco pushed Crabbe and Goyle off and stood up normally. The two boys exchanged incredulous looks while Blaise snickered.

"Then you should be fine for dinner." I pointed out, smirking.

"Don't be ridiculous." Draco pouted.

"Fine, fine." I laughed. "Let's go to the dorms. We'll see you later." I waved at our friends and took Draco's hand.

As we headed across the school we passed my sister and her friends standing by the front door. The four of them were bent over in hushed conversion.

I noticed something small glimmering in Potter's hand. My jaw dropped when I realized it was the Felix Felicis. Riah's eyes met mine and she saw the anger on my face. She looked down at Potter's hand and then back at me. There was the slightest bit of guilt on her face but she looked away and pulled her friends outside.

"What is it?" Draco asked me, touching my arm gently.

"Just another betrayal." I sighed.