Chapter 17

Auriah

My head was overwhelmed with thoughts, my body was ready to shut down. As soon as Harry said our fathers name my sister pulled me away from everyone. She pulled the paper that Moody had sent her and unwrapped the item attached to it. It was a small silver sickle. She grabbed my hand and placed it on the coin while she put her other hand on it. Instantly we were sucked out of the stadium and plopped in our house.

"My daughters." A raspy voice rang out. My sister held me as a man approached us. When I looked up I didn't see a man at all, the creature in front of me was pain and veiny, there were snake like slits where his nose should be and his lips were pure white. He looked nothing like the sketch my mother had in her old journal. I used to stare at that photo every night when I was little. I thought Lia and I had his nose.

"Father." My sister breathed out, her grip on me loosened.

"Aurelia." He held open his arms, she let go of me and ran into them. "My strong beautiful Aurelia."

I was still frozen in my spot, none of it felt real. I wanted to wake up and find Cedric peacefully asleep next to me.

"Come Auriah." My father called me. "Are you upset about that boy?"

I couldn't respond but I felt my body shutter.

"He was a distraction, Auriah." Yaxley spoke up, I didn't even see him standing behind my father. "I warned you and you lied to my face."

Suddenly Yaxley's body was hurled across the room.

"Don't speak to my daughter like that." My father hissed furiously.

"I'm s-s-sorry my lord." Yaxley cried.

"Auriah, come right now." The anger in my father's voice was enough for my limbs to start moving again. I quickly walked up to him and felt his icy cold arm wrap around my shoulder.

"My two girls. Soon we will have all the glory and power and you two will have the life we deserve." My father's voice turned eerily calm. "We are the descendants of Salazar Slytherin, we have the blood of the great Merlin running in our veins. Everyone shall bow down to us and you may have your pick of any pureblood boy you want."

"Yes, father." My sister responded, her eyes focused on him intently full of determination.

"I require something of you both. Something that will aid my recovery."

"Anything." Lia replied eagerly.

My father pulled out a blade. "Your hand my dear, Aurelia."

Lia lifted up her arm and placed her hand in his, as if she were in a trance. He pressed the blade into her skin, dark red blood rose to the surface. He lifted her hand to his mouth and consumed the blood. Lia didn't react at all.

Once he lowered her hand he placed a healing charm over the wound then turned to me expectantly. My hand shook as I placed it in his.

When the blade pierced my skin my entire arm went numb. He continued to bring my bloody hand to his mouth and I felt him sucking against my skin to pull my blood into his mouth.

"Such good girls." He stated as he healed my hand.

Lia beamed.

"I cannot stay here or there are people searching for me, it's not time to reveal myself yet. I will see you two soon."