Chapter 72

Aurelia

The last thing I saw before losing consciousness was Albert Runcorn sprouting wild black hair, blazing green eyes and a lightning bolt shaped scar before he stunned me.

Luckily, Yaxley had stunned me countless times as I grew up and the spell didn't have much effect so I wasn't out for long.

I stood up and saw Yaxley pull himself off the ground. Theo was still out of it on the ground next to me.

"Harry Potter is here. Get him." I commanded at Yaxley.

He ran out of the room, using his wand to sound the alarms. I followed him, leaving Theo on the ground.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Yaxley snapped as we hopped into the elevator. He pressed the main floor button rapidly.

"How would I know?" I snapped, taking out my wand. "But there's no way I'm letting him leave this building, you better make sure of that."

The elevator reached the main floor, Yaxley and I bolted out of it and sprinted across the atrium searching for Potter and his lackeys.

Guards were already swarming the floor, alerted of Potter's presence by Yaxley's alarm.

"There!" Yaxley shouted, pointing towards the floos.

We both ran towards them and the stupid Mudblood blasted a pile of Potter's wanted posters, obstructing our path. I set fire to the posters, causing them to turn into piles of ash and continued after my targets.

Yaxley quickly charmed my heels, adding speed to them. I was able to catch up with the Trio as they headed up the floo. I grabbed on to Hermione, she withered around like crazy trying to get me off of her.

We landed in a narrow hallway and as soon as my feet touched the ground I was hit with a Revulsion Jinx. As soon as she was free from my grasp Hermione grabbed the two boys and apparated away.

My body ached from the Mudblood's jinx and I was pissed that they had gotten away. I collected myself and assessed my surroundings.

I was in an old dusty house.

I explored the house, finding three sleeping bags and a few discarded clothing items on the floor of the living room. The Gryffindor trio must have been staying here, this was one of their hideouts.

I walked out of the house and made a mental note of the location. I doubted the three would come back since I now knew about this safe house but I would send a few Death Eaters to keep an eye on it.

I was about to apparate home when my arm started to tingle. Father was calling.

"Where is he?" Yaxley barked as I walked into the ballroom in Malfoy Manor. Theo, now conscious, quickly ran to my side and took me into his arms. My father, Yaxley and Theo were the only ones in the meeting.

"They got away." I replied, too embarrassed to meet my father's disappointed eyes. "I did find a safe house, one of the Order's."

"We'll get him soon enough. We have the snatchers now." My father responded, surprisingly calm. I wondered if he would have had the same reaction if it was anyone else who lost Potter.

"I can't believe they were right under our nose." Theo groaned in frustration. "Why were they there?"

"What's that around your neck?" My father asked, no longer calm. He rushed over and ripped the locket off. "Where did you get this?"

"Theo gave it to me." I replied, terrified.

"I-I-I got it from a street seller." Theo stammered quickly.