Chapter 39

Auriah

When I got on the train Luna roped me into helping her hand out copies of the Quibbler, her father's magazine. By the time we got to Hogwarts I still had almost a full stack. Not many people were interested in reading about Wrackspurts and other... questionable things Luna believed in.

I hoped to see Harry as I made my rounds but there was no sight of him. Ever since Aunt Helena's story I couldn't stop thinking about him. Everything I believed about his family was a lie.

They tried to help my mother, they were good people. Harry was a good person, and I wanted to be with him.

Hermione and Ron said he had left them earlier during the train ride. Once the train stopped I went to find them again but they figured Harry had gone ahead. I was about to climb into a carriage when I saw my sister and Draco step off the train, devious smirks on their faces. I had a sinking feeling in my stomach.

"I'll meet you guys later." I said to my friends. I made my way back to the train.

"Where are you going?" Luna followed me.

"I think I left something on the train." I told her.

"I'll help you look." She chimed.

The two of us climbed into the car I had seen my sister come out of. I walked cautiously down the aisle but my foot hit something I fell face first. Instead of hitting the hard ground I hit something softer. Sitting up I felt what I had landed on. The feeling of a soft clock touched my hand. I lifted it up and saw Harry lying there, his face was covered in blood.

"Harry?" Luna chimed delightly, as if he had just popped by for afternoon tea.

He replied with a weak groan. I took his hand and helped him up.

"Harry, I'm so sorry." I apologized, I had landed square on his stomach and knocked the wind out of him.

"What are you doing here?" Luna asked.

"Having a nap." Harry snapped.

Luna and I were both taken aback.

"I'm sorry, Luna." He quickly apologized.

The three of us hopped off the train before it took us all back to Kings Cross.

"Did Lia do this to you?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yes, her and Malfoy." Harry seethed. "I'm sorry, Riah but I think they're Death Eaters."

"Don't be silly Harry, Riah would know if her own sister was a Death Eater ." Luna said.

"But she has to be, why else would she have pretended to be you at the Department of Mysteries last year." Harry pointed out. "And I saw Malfoy looking suspicious at Borgin and Burkes this summer."

My palms started to sweat. I wanted to be honest with Harry, especially now, but telling the truth would have consequences. I loved my sister, I would rather die than see her in Azkaban. Not to mention Harry would hate me the second he found out who my father was.

"I'm sorry but that's a ridiculous notion." I lied. Harry pressed his lips into a firm line.

"Looks like we missed the carriages." Luna said, changing the subject.

"I guess we'll have to walk." I sighed.

-

When we got to the school gates Professor Flitwick was checking names on a list. There were aurors rummaging through the bags. Now that my father's return was public there was extra protection at the school, a wise move.