Chapter 30

Aurelia

With Dumbledore gone Umbridge became the new headmaster. With her new position she enforced more and more rules but none of them applied to me.

After I helped her I became her right hand, I had almost as much power as her and the entire Inquisitorial Squad had the freedom to do whatever we pleased.

While Umbridge separated couples in the hall for simply standing too close together, Draco and I were free to makeout right in front of them. Not that we did, that would be tacky. But we could if we wanted to.

My sister was now an outcast amongst Potter and his sympathizers. They all thought she had betrayed them.

I did feet bad when I saw her sitting alone but my guilt was eased when I remembered how she hid Dumbledore's Army from me.

However, I still tried to make peace with her, we were sisters after all. But she rejected my invitation to sit with me and join the Inquisitorial Squad. There was only so much grace I could have with her.

I knew I should have told my father that Riah was fighting against him but I didn't want anything bad to happen to her. Contrary to Riah's belief, I was fully aware my father was dangerous and unpredictable. It didn't mean I loved him any less, I just knew I had to be careful.

-

A week after Umbridge became headmaster I received an owl at breakfast. Yaxley had summoned me to the forbidden forest.

Draco was adamant on going with me. His protectiveness still prevailed and he wasn't a fan of me being alone with Yaxley or Yaxley in general.

The feeling was mutual. The two of them could not stand each other, every word shared between them was full of spite and hatred.

We left breakfast and made our way out, the spring air was cold but fresh. Yaxley wasn't waiting very deep in the forest, the wuss was scared of all creatures.

"Why is he here?" Yaxley grunted when he saw us.

"I want him here." I stated firmly.

"He has to go, this is a private meeting." Yaxley replied.

"I'm not going anywhere." Draco scoffed.

"Yes, you are, Draco." Lucius emerged from the trees, Wormtail was right behind him.

"I'm not leaving her." Draco said to his father, I felt his hand shake slightly and I gave his hand a squeeze.

"Aw how cute, he's standing up to his daddy." Yaxley chuckled.

"Leave now, Draco." Lucius commanded with a patronizing glare.

"I'll be okay, don't worry." I whispered to Draco, he didn't move.

"Please." I begged. I didn't want him to get hurt over this.

I heard footsteps behind me and saw Auriah walking towards us. When Draco saw I wouldn't be alone with the group of psychos he finally agreed to go back to the school, looking back with every few steps he took.

"Great, now that you're both here we can get started." Yaxley said, he started walking deeper into the woods.

"Get started with what?" I asked, following him.

"Just a little interrogation." Pettigrew smirked.

"What?" I stopped dead in my tracts, my sister did the same.

"Why?" She asked.

"We will be asking the questions." Lucius answered sternly.

"Why aren't you spending time with Potter?" Yaxley asked Riah, he had clearly been watching us again. "Do you need a reminder of the last time you neglected your one task."