Chapter 27

Auriah

Hermoine replied to my letter right away, I would leave to join them the next morning.

I could tell my sister was upset I was leaving. She was in an irritated mood all of dinner and she took it out on the house elves. 

Mrs. Malfoy offered to take her shopping tomorrow which seemed to help her bad mood.

I felt bad leaving her but it was too hard for me to stay in this house. The food in my stomach barley stayed down as I sat across from Yaxley. He scarfed down dinner without a care in the world.

The next morning Aunt Helena met me in the front foyer of the manor and she apparated me to the address Hermione had given. When we landed Hermoine wasn't there yet so I decided to ask my aunt something that had been running through my mind.

"How did the Potters kill Mother?" I asked her.

"What?" My aunt's eyes went wide and she looked around to see if anyone was around.

"How did they kill her?" I repeated.

"I don't think now is the time to talk about this dear." My aunt said, still searching the area for signs of other people.

"I just hate hating Harry." I blurted out. My aunt finally stopped moving and met my eye. "He is a genuinely good person, I just don't understand how his parents were so evil."

"His parents weren't evil." She whispered, her voice was so low I almost missed what she said.

"What? They killed your sister! How could you say that?"

"They didn't..." She started.

"Riah!" Hermione's dark brown curls bounced as she ran over to us. The haunting expression on my aunt's face morphed into a fake smile. "Sorry I'm late!"

I introduced her to my aunt who nodded at her, I could tell she was uncomfortable with my muggle born friend. As sweet as my aunt was, she still carried the same prejudices as the rest of my family.

My aunt apparated away, leaving me confused about what she had just said. Hermione led me a few blocks away. She explained that the place we were going was top secret and made me shut my eyes as she led me.

I followed her blindly into a house and I felt someone run and hug me. Opening my eyes I was met with Ginny's warm smile. Ron, his brothers and Harry stood behind her with tired smiles.

"Hello dear!" A little cheery woman came up to me and gave me a tight hug. judging from her red hair I assumed she was Ron's mother. "I'm Mrs. Weasley."

"Nice to meet you." I smiled at her. Despite the big smile plastered on her face her eyes held the same tiredness as her son.

"We're just about to go visit Ron's father at the hospital." Hermione told me. I followed them to the fireplace. We used floo powder to travel to St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries.

When I saw Ron's father laying in the hospital bed a huge rush of guilt hit me. This was all my fathers doing. The Weasley family gathered around Mr. Weasley. Envy mixed in with the guilt, their family was full of so much love. The way Mrs. Weasley held Ginny was full of warmth and love, very different from the cold broken hug I had shared with my father the day before.

I noticed Harry slipping out of the room. Also needing to get away, I followed him. He sat outside on a bench with his head in his hands.

"I need Voldemort out of my head." He said to me as I sat down next to him.