Prologue

The Dark Lord levitated two newborn infants in front of him. He was staring at them intently but the look on his face was unreadable. His disciples, who called themselves Death Eaters, could not tell if he loved them or hated them.

"What are you going to do with them, my Lord?" asked Corban Yaxley, the Dark Lord's right hand Death Eater.

"What kind of question is that?" The Dark Lord scowled.

"Won't they get in the way?" Theodore Nott II, another Death Eater in the Dark Lord's inner circle, questioned from Yaxley's side.

"Helena has agreed to rejoin our ranks, she will care for them while I'm away. That's what Elianna wanted after all, and who am I to dishonor her wishes." The Dark Lord laughed humorlessly. The Death Eaters noticed a flicker of pain on their leader's face as he mentioned his dead lover. No one realized how much he had cared for her.

"I'll stay and help her." Severus Snape volunteered.

"No, Severus. Helena refuses to see you." The Dark Lord replied. His eyes skimmed the small group of masked disciples in front of him. "Yaxley will stay with Helena."

"Yes, my Lord." Yaxley agreed bitterly, babysitting duty was the last thing he wanted to do, but he knew better than to argue. Though he thought Helena Izar would much rather be with Severus then with him if she knew those were her only options.

"I worry Helena may poison their minds against me, she's been quite fickle. It is your job to make sure they are raised properly." Yaxley nodded in understanding. "Once the wizard world is under my control I will take care of them." The Dark Lord grinned. "Every ruler needs an heir or two."

"Not if you are immortal." Bellatrix LeStrange, one of the few female Death Eaters, pointed out. She stared at the children with envy, she would have sold her soul to bear the Dark Lord's offspring.

The Dark Lord glared at her, silencing her instantly.

"You underestimate the power of blood magic, Bella. My daughters will rule at my side. The three of us will be indestructible."