Chapter 55

Aurelia

That afternoon I sat next to Draco who laid unconscious on a bed in the hospital wing. Snape had prevented Draco from dying in the bathroom but he still had much healing to do.

"What did Potter do to him?" I asked Snape who stood on the other side of Draco with a somber expression on his face.

"He used a curse... a curse I created in my youth." Severus admitted.

"You created?"

"He must have found my old potions book."

"Why would you create a curse like this?"

"You don't understand the pain I've gone through, Aurelia." Snape snapped.

I tried to think of something to snap back with but I was too exhausted.

Instead I turned my attention back to Draco, taking a damp cloth and using it to clean the dried blood on his face.

"You're mother saved me from a lot of that pain, more than once." Snape said softly.

"With your father?" I asked, remembering Aunt Helena's story.

"Yes." He nodded. "And then again once I left Hogwarts. I was so close to ending my life but Eli found me and introduced me to the Dark Lord. She gave my life purpose again. No matter what effects the Love Potions had on her, her love for me had always been real."

I watched his face flicker with emotion, something I hadn't seen from him in the few years I've known him.

"I couldn't save her." His voice broke with emotion. "She saved me and I couldn't save her."

"She made her own choices." I replied.

"She made those choices for you, Aurelia." Snape looked at me with genuine confusion. "She risked her life attempting to give you and your sister a better one."

"Some difference that made." I scoffed.

Snape looked like he wanted to argue but instead he flicked his cape and walked out of the Hospital Wing.

He knew I was right. All my mother's actions did was cause her death. Nothing else had changed.

Auriah

Harry sat on his bed, completely shocked by what he had just done. The old potions book sat at his feet.

"It's not your fault." I whispered, placing a hand on his leg.

"I almost killed him." Harry mumbled.

"It was self defense." I reminded him.

Harry had told me that Draco was about to Crucio him and he said the first curse that came to mind to protect himself.

It worried me that Draco would use such a cruel and dangerous spell so freely. I really hoped Lia wasn't dating another Yaxley.

Harry didn't respond. He just stared down at the book in front of him.

"You have to get rid of it." I told him.

He responded with a slight nod.

I leaned down and picked up the book. I held out my hand for Harry, he took it and pulled himself up off the bed.

The two of us made our way out of the dorm and through the common room.

Ron and Hermione were sitting by the fireplace. Hermione's eyes met mine and I nodded towards the book in my hand. She nodded with understanding.