[*Chapter Twenty-One*]

ابدأ من البداية

"What about the man? Was he a-?"

"Vampire," Darcy muttered emotionless.

" From what I can tell, yeah." Damon nodded his head, agreeing with the dark-haired female.

"You don't know him?"

"Of course not. Damon doesn't do friends," Darcy spoke up sardonically.

"Hey! I have friends."

"What? Me?" She trailed her arms over herself.

"There's the Darcella I know."

"Darcy. Say it with me, Damon. D A R C Y. See? Wasn't hard, was it?"

A smirk tugged at his sinful lips, earning him a punch in the arm. "Dirty fucker."

"Hello?" Elena called demanding the attention back on herself. "In case you have forgotten there was a vampire, standing in the road?"

"Yes, Elena. I know, I'm not dumb. I did hit him, remember?" Darcy shot back, knowing Elena understood the sharp jab when she shrunk back in her seat.

"If I've ever met him, I wouldn't know. I mean, it's not like we all hang out together at the vamp bar and grill," Damon said grinning at the irony as he pulled up outside a bar.

"You brought us to a bar? Damon, we're not old enough. They are not gonna let us in." Elena protested as Damon and Darcy climbed out of the car.

"I could do with a drink after today's ballache," Darcy said, motioning her hand to the vampire. 'Keys.' She mouthed.

"What? No. How do I know if you're going to drive off in my car?" He quirked an amused eyebrow.

"I need to change jerkass!" She said motioning to her current bloodstained clothes.

Damon squinted his baby blues and pointed a finger at her innocent façade, "I trust you, but not that much with my baby!"

'You shouldn't', Darcy thought evilly. "Just give me the keys Dickmon!"

He sighed not all sure where she was going with this but passed them over.

"Darcy, you're 18!" Elena exclaimed as Darcy retrieved her bag and slid in beside Elena. She quickly shed her black tee before replacing it with a red vest and slinging her arms through Damon's leather jacket. "We can't go in there!"

"I can." She smirked jumping out of the car and pushing Elena, provoking her to fall onto her back then slammed and locked the door. "You can't."

"Oh, this is gold! Did you just lock her in?"

"Yep, peace at last." She confirmed handing the keys back.

"Darcy!" The brunette yelled, banging on the window. "You can't do this!"

"Why, of course, I can. After all, you didn't want to come, did you?" She pouted with faux sympathy, then laughed chillily towards Damon as he watched the comic drama unfold before him.

"This is why we're best friends. You're a badass."

"A bit too much, don't you think?" Darcy said while they walked away from the car, ignoring the frustrated shouts coming from the back seat.

"Nope. You'll see the truth one day." He quipped pausing at the entrance. "After you m'lady." He playfully bowed whilst opening the door to the bar.

"Thank you, kind sir!" She curtsied, before walking into the grey bar, "What are we doing here, anyway?"

"Her." He motioned his head over to the beautiful dark-skinned woman behind the bar, "Don't be fooled, she looks hot, but those looks deceive you."