Nueve. Defense against the dark arts

Start from the beginning

"The dark arts," said Snape

"-are many, varied, ever-changing, and eternal. Fighting them is like fighting a many-headed monster, which, each time a neck is severed, sprouts a head even fiercer and cleverer than before. You are fighting that which is unfixed, indestructible."

I only stared at Snape, sure it was one thing to respect the dark arts and it as an enemy but,, why was he speaking as if he was surely in love with it? I already had my suspicions of him being a death eater but now I was almost sure. Almost.

"Your defense," said Snape, his voice getting louder so we could hear him clearly.

"-must therefore be as flexible and inventive as the arts you seek to undo. These pictures," He pointed to each pointed as he swept past them.

"Give a fair representation of what happens to those who suffer, for instance, the Cruciatus Curse," he pointed at a picture to which a witch who was clearly screaming in pain.

"feel the Dementors kiss" a wizard was lying huddled and blank-eyed, slumped against a wall.

",Or provoke the aggression of Inferius." A big bloody mass was on the ground.

"Is it definite then? " Parvati Patil asked,

"Yeah, is Voldemort using that curse Professor?" Tiana asked but something about her tone seemed off, it was like she was teasing Professor..?

"The Dark Lord had used Inferi in the past, which means you should definitely expect him to use it again." His voice was hard and he looked at each of us, his eyes lingering on me and Tiana.

"...you are, I believe, complete novices in the use of the nonverbal spells. What is the advantage of a nonverbal spell?"

Hermiones hand was up in the air right after Snape had finished speaking and to no ones surprise, no one else's hand was up.

Snape took his time looking around and sighed, "Very well-"

Tianas hand shot up and she smiled, Snape gave her a nod.

",Very well Miss Anderson, may you tell us the answer?"

Hermione dropped her hand down in disappointment and stared hard at Tiana, awaiting her answer.

"Your opponent has no warning about whatever spell/magic you are going to preform-giving you a split second of an advantage."

"Very good, 10 points to Slytherin."

Tiana smiled and high fives Draco while laughing with Panay about something.

Hermione looked a bit frustrated so I asked her, "Are you okay?"

"Oh um yeah." She waved me off and my paid closer attention to Professor Snape.

"-Not all wizards can do this, of course; it is a question of concentration and mind power which some-" He looked directly at me with distaste.

"Lack." We had a staring contest, our gazes glaring at each other, I wasn't going to give up. And so Professor Snape looked away first.

"You will now divide into pairs. One partner will attempt to jinx the other 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨. The other will attempt to repel the jinx 𝘪𝘯 𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘭 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦. Carry on,"

—————

"Detention, Saturday night. My office," Snape was furious but I didn't care.

"I do not take cheek from anyone, Potter...not even '𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦'."

"That was bloody awesome mate!" Ron gushed as soon as we were a safe distance away from the classroom and Snape.

"You shouldn't have said it," Hermione said while frowning at Ron. "What made you?"

"He tried to jinx me in case you didn't notice!" I fumed, I had every right to be mad! He could've shot some weird spell at me!

"Harry's right, Hermione. I, believe Harry did the right thing. Don't you Pansy?" Tiana pitched in from behind us as they walked along side us now.

"Yeah. 𝘛𝘰𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺." Pansy's tone was reeking of sarcasm but no one really cared as Tiana dragged her off somewhere soon after.

END OF CHAPTER

so sorry! Almost forgot to update :))